Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 10:11 AM

Default Re: AA pf

One other in hand, you can just call, and you can raise/push.
Two others is a raise in my book.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:30 AM

OOP i like a reraise, but your hand becomes more transparent(though he gets allin with KK, sometimes AK/QQ/etc.

By calling sometimes you win a big pot if he has an AQ and flops Q etc but can loose big pot if you get outflopped.

so yeh, raise.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:32 AM

Depends totally on the villain, though I'm more apt to put in a 4-bet OOP.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:34 AM

These are both pretty standard raises unless you know the villain in hand 2 will stack off with TP or an overpair in which case you should smooth call a certain % of time.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:56 PM

i 4-bet both most times.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:21 PM

a - Always 4-bet. Hate calling and giving the player in between odds to call for set value. Sometimes I'll shove, sometimes raise to like 45-50 BBs.

b - Depends a lot on the villain, my image, stack sizes, etc. Against a nittier, non-light-3betting villain, I'll 4-bet a lot, since I expect a call. With stacks 150 BBs or greater, I'll also 4-bet most of the time. Same as above, sometimes I'll just shove, sometimes I'll make a smaller 4-bet.

Play Kings pretty much exactly the same.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:24 PM

Hand 1) you are OOP with the best hand vs. 2 opponents. You are going to have a hard time controling the pot size when your opponents hit the flop hard and will probably get stacked. You also will have a harder time extracting value when you are ahead. Therefore you should raise almost always.

Hand 2) default play is to raise, but HU is very dependent on you and your opponent.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:30 PM

Well, I'm usually playing microstakes games with donks (I'm no expert, obviously), so I'd usually either reraise the pot size here or go all-in (with 100 BB stacks). Too many of them will call for me not to do this, and I figure any gain I might get in future deception will be negligible against these types of players compared to the gain of having so many chips in preflop with AA.

But like I said, this is only because I am usually playing against pretty bad players: Here is a great example of what I am talking about from a table I was playing the other day.

$0.05 / $0.10 game, $10 max buy-in:

There is a player at my table who seems to be having fun raising to 5 or 6 BB preflop almost every hand (already terrible play). So he does this as usual and I raise my pocket Aces to $3.00. LP behind me calls, raiser calls.

I go all in for $7.00 on the rag flop with the pot already at $9.00 or so. (I was going to go all in no matter what, having put 30% of my stack in preflop.) LP behind me wisely folds like he should have done preflop in the first place. Raise maniac calls. Turn: blank. River: blank.

Donk turns up A8 suited which the flop did not help in any way, shape, or form. I pick up the ~$23 pot (gain of 130 BB.)