Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Old friends you have grown out of... what to do?

No kidding.
This really isn't that hard.

The lame GF excuses are pretty easy to use too and are a common way for bestest-bestest friends forever to drift apart.

This type of stuff happens all the time.

It even happens to me just when I get kind of tired of someone for a stretch even though it's not like i don't want to be buds.
I've had a friend of mine call 2 or 3x the past couple days and I didn't answer any of those times for various reasons of being just too tired to talk or playing on too many tables at the time or whatever.

I'll call him back and say "hey dude, what's up?" sometime later on.

I've got a couple of friends who I consider to be pretty close who I haven't talked to in over a year.

When I was college-age-ish I don't think it was that different although there weren't cell-phones and AIM back then so it might have been a bit tougher to completely blow-off somebody.
But if I had a friend or two who I didn't want to hang out with anymore I just stopped hanging out with them.
Seems like too simple a solution to be discounted.

People grow, change and move on. It happens all the time.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No kidding.
This really isn't that hard.

The lame GF excuses are pretty easy to use too and are a common way for bestest-bestest friends forever to drift apart.

This type of stuff happens all the time.

It even happens to me just when I get kind of tired of someone for a stretch even though it's not like i don't want to be buds.
I've had a friend of mine call 2 or 3x the past couple days and I didn't answer any of those times for various reasons of being just too tired to talk or playing on too many tables at the time or whatever.

I'll call him back and say "hey dude, what's up?" sometime later on.

I've got a couple of friends who I consider to be pretty close who I haven't talked to in over a year.

When I was college-age-ish I don't think it was that different although there weren't cell-phones and AIM back then so it might have been a bit tougher to completely blow-off somebody.
But if I had a friend or two who I didn't want to hang out with anymore I just stopped hanging out with them.
Seems like too simple a solution to be discounted.

People grow, change and move on. It happens all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

To put it short, you are saying ignore him?
Old 08-27-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea I cycle through friends pretty quickly. I have literally 0 people I still keep in touch with from high school (~10 years ago), and only a handful still from college. I just basically stop talking to em. Maybe that's an assholish thing to do, but whatever. It gets the job done when there's certain people I don't want in my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally don't think its assholish, I think its realistic. I do however know that it is PERCIEVED by a LARGE amount of people as assholish. Good advice. Thanks.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:51 PM

im 24 and sorta went thru what you're going thru. it wasnt so much i wanted to drop a friend all together, but i wasnt into the whole scene my home friends were up to.

the easiest solution really is to just always be busy and make up excuses..even if its just im in some poker tournaments and cant leave. even saying i just feel like staying in will make somebody want to call u less. eventually, the point is made but its not like u stopped talking to kids, u just removed yourself from the core of the social circle. but it still allows u to bum around here and there if u so choose.

i definitely see what ur saying about its not really d.ck to not want to hang out with somebody anymore, but its not a good rep to have...so forcing it to fade and make it look natural is definitely the way to go.

hope this helped.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:21 PM

Get married, you won't hang out with anyone after that.