Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Quitting smoking weed. Please help!

As amplify implied, people often self-medicate with weed. So it's possible that you've always felt like road-raging, but have just been mellowing yourself with weed.

You should find some alternate aveneus for relaxation or stress release. Perhaps working out.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:42 PM

I think seeking some counseling would be a good idea. I recently gave up both marijuana and drinking, and I applaud you for making it 36 days. It already sucks a little bit on day 2, and I hope I can make it as long as you did. But I think having some one help you get through this would be really helpful.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:42 PM

I really never had these anger issues before now, so I really feel that the withdrawal has a lot to do with it. I do agree that I was self-medicating with weed a whole bunch though.

Saying I feel like punching everyone I see is really overstating it. I'm just way more tense and irritable than normal (stoned).

amplify, I do appreciate what you say but I've researched a lot about marijuana addiction and the 70 day thing seems to be pretty standard for everything to get out of your system. I smoked a whole boatload so perhaps it is even longer.

I just looked at a page saying that your emotional swings should be back to "normal" after 3 months. It takes a long time I guess but I am determined to get through it.

No way am I smoking weed again. And sorry, I can't update this thread every day but I will try to bump it sometime.

Thanks guys for your support. I'm glad some of you know how hard it was to go over a month, especially after years of heavy abuse.

PS - I have started drinking some, not a lot. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2006, 11:55 PM

An eigth a day? Was that costing you around $35/day?

Whatever it was, start putting that money in a jar everyday and start watching it grow. If you start now, by day 70 you'll have around a thousand bucks. Then buy a really nice hooker. or two.

Oh and if you get the huge urge to blaze, call somebody and tell them. Perhaps try NA (narcotics anonymous)

GL, keep us posted

-MrMuni
Old 07-19-2006, 11:58 PM

Good luck, keep it up
Old 07-20-2006, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression that there's very little physical withdrawl from weed???

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never been addicted to weed but I'm 100% sure that it's similar to cigarettes in that quitting the physical addiction is easy, but the psychological addiction is the real challenge.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:07 AM

Over time, the feelings will go away. I quit smoking about a year ago and after 2 months I felt back to normal. The problem is THC is fat solube and is stored in your fat cells which makes clearing it out of your system a slow process. I probably had an easier time quitting because I only smoked regularly for about a year, but quitting wasn't easy by any means. The most common symptom from quitting weed is insomnia, which I experienced for a few weeks. Poker helped me there though. Anyways, good luck to you.

Edit: And a year from now you can look back and realize that you saved yourself $15k!
Old 07-20-2006, 12:11 AM

I've gone through it and it can be brutal. I didn't smoke quite as much as you, but I did smoke multiple times every day, for a long long time. It definately takes at least a couple of months to stop feeling crappy. Just remember, you are way better off like this. You've honestly already gotten past the hardest part... and don't start substituting drinking, it might help short term but it could eventually just end up taking weed's place as your substance of choice to abuse. Bury your head and keep plowing forward. There is an end in sight. Good luck man.... you're almost there.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:12 AM

I'm high as [censored] right now.

Does that make you feel better?
Old 07-20-2006, 12:16 AM

I quit 5 years and 2 months ago. Yes, it can be randomly difficult early on, and you will continue to have random intervals of this really odd feeling that you know can be instantly solved by lighting up. It is all on will power to refuse. Yes, it does get easier. I doubt that it ever goes away entirely. The idea that I might actually smoke again is absurd, but there are still rare days, twice a year or so, when I get that really weird feeling that I know you're going through now. There was a response in this thread that said you might have been using weed to self-medicate. This was true for me. Part of the quitting process is learning to deal with your emotions like an adult. These feelings... are normal. Honestly, I doubt they have anything to do with weed, but you and I have been associating that feeling with the knowledge of "I need to smoke now" for years. Understand? Quitting for me was a wake-up experience. It was like I was learning, finally, how to function as an adult. It took at least a year for me to start feeling "normal," and about 3 years to stop thinging of myself as a (reformed) drug addict, first and foremost.