Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Rank the NFL Divisions

NFC East (all potential playoff teams that beat up on one another)
AFC North (3 potential playoff teams and the Browns are better than given credit for/ they usually lose close games)
AFC East (I think the Dolphins and Jets have potential/ the Patriots are my pick this year)
AFC South (I just bumped this division above AFC West considering Jacksonville/ Indy/ and up and coming Titans)
AFC West (Oakland has to be the worst team in the NFL, Chiefs and Broncos are on their way down)
NFC South (Saints and Panthers the only playoff contenders here)
NFC North (Chicago alone beats out the NFC West)
NFC West (Seattle and maybe St. Louis if healthy; I don't believe in the S.F. hype, even though I like Smith and Gore- maybe next year, if they keep spending)
Old 08-26-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AFC North is overrated. Bengals were a .500 team that missed the playoffs last year. They are definitely talented and can play with anyone, but until they win some playoff games they're not a true contender. Steelers have a first year head coach, and first year coaches (esp. w/no prior HC experience) traditionally struggle a bit. Ravens aren't getting any younger, and McGahee is going to be a bust for them. Browns obviously aren't really competitive.

Oh, and yah, this isn't that useful for fantasy, but it's still fun to talk about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the Bengals .500 record last yr was partially due to their schedule. They may not be SB contenders but they might be in the NFC; I mean how much worse are they than the Saints?

The Steelers should be decent too. Some of those games where Rothlisburger had no business playing in & threw like 8 int's they still almost won. If he's healthy I think that more than cancels out the coaching change.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AFC North (3 potential playoff teams and the Browns are better than given credit for/ they usually lose close games)
AFC East (I think the Dolphins and Jets have potential/ the Patriots are my pick this year)
AFC South (I just bumped this division above AFC West considering Jacksonville/ Indy/ and up and coming Titans)
AFC West (Oakland has to be the worst team in the NFL, Chiefs and Broncos are on their way down)
NFC West (Seattle and maybe St. Louis if healthy; I don't believe in the S.F. hype, even though I like Smith and Gore- maybe next year, if they keep spending)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oakland is not going to be close to the worst team in the league this year, and might finish above .500.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oakland is not going to be close to the worst team in the league this year, and might finish above .500.

[/ QUOTE ]
HAHA now that is optimism
Old 08-26-2007, 03:06 PM

Not one to usually jump into a discussion that is purely opinion but reading this made me post.

To all ranking the NFC East towards the top....seriously guys. I'm sure/hope most are fans of a team in that division. The redskins are not 'tough' in any aspect of the game. The giants just lost their best player on offense and defense. They have a QB that is suspewct at best. A RB who has never carried the load. A coach who may be considered the worst in football. He has lost the respect of his team and I don't know if that can bode well for a team wanting to play hard for him. The Cowboys do have a legitemate playoff team but Wade Phillips is an awful awful coach (I should know since I'm a bills fan). And his dads a f*ckin bum. The eagles barring injury should be a serious contender though.

The AFC North has 3 potential playoff teams as well as 2 potential superbowl teams (Balt. and Cincy). That alone should make them the head of the class. No other division boasts that.

The AFC East has NE. The Jets seem to be a fad pick this year but are we seriously considering themanymore than an over achieving 9-7 team? Pennington the savior? Nope. The Bills are awful but may put up some points in Lynch is the real deal and Losman stops being a retard. The dolphins may be the worst team in the NFL. If not, close to it. I imagine alot of 16-9 losses. Ugly crap.

The NFC West may actually be the best in the NFC. Sad. A nod goes to the NFC South only because they look like they have 2 playoff teams (NO,Car.) but the other two teams are poor poor poor. The West has a lot of potential but nothing proven. All teams have the possibility of winning 10 games and all have the possibility of losing 10.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should bet the farm then, I think the O/U for Oakland is 5 this year in Vegas.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The AFC North has 3 potential playoff teams as well as 2 potential superbowl teams (Balt. and Cincy). That alone should make them the head of the class. No other division boasts that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have Cincy, who hasn't won a playoff game in 15 years, as potential SB team but not Pittsburgh, who won the damn thing 2 years ago?
Old 08-26-2007, 03:29 PM

AFC North (3 very solid teams and the Browns are improving)
AFC West (Their top 2 are better than any other divisions top 2)
AFC East (Pats very strong, Jets are solid, Bills and Dolphins aren't bad)
NFC East (Two very strong teams in the Eagles and Cowboys, Giants are okay, Redskins improving)
AFC South (Colts are still very good, but no longer the best team in football, Jags are solid, Titans are getting better)
NFC West (A bunch of good teams in this division, but no really strong team)
NFC North (Chicago is very good, and the other teams are moving in the right direction)
NFC South (Saints are a strong team this year, but I don't buy into any of the other teams)
Old 08-26-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To all ranking the NFC East towards the top....seriously guys. I'm sure/hope most are fans of a team in that division...

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. The Skins, Giants and Cowboys all have serious flaws. Actually they all have the same flaw: shaky QB. It's a deep division because no one is really that bad, but outside of Philly, no one is really that good either. I'll take three strong teams and one bad one (AFC North) over one strong team and three decent ones (NFC East).

The NFC West was absolutely dreadful last year but SF is much improved, ARI is improving and SEA should improve simply through regression back to the mean.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:28 PM

Why do people underestimate the Redskins so much?