Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Put deposit on vehicle, Dealership not honoring - whats my play?

Ho, ho, ho! He's got a live one! He's just reeling his big fish in!
Old 05-30-2007, 05:38 AM

As a car salesman, maybe I can help you out In California (where I work) you don't take full ownership of the car until you "take delivery" and drive the vehicle home. I would figure that this principle applies generally in North America.

Some cars in specifics combinations are hard to find and your dealer may have a hard time getting it. Not all dealerships will trade with one another for a variety of reasons.

In this case you should be able to call the dealership and just tell them you want to cancel and to destroy all the paperwork. My advice is to call all over the country and find the dealer with your car and just buy it directly from them and have them ship the car to you. I ship cars all over the USA and I am sure you can ship within Canada.

Good luck.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:43 AM

Btw can anyone who has worked for a car dealership tell me how long it normally takes to get someone approved for financing?
Old 05-31-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw can anyone who has worked for a car dealership tell me how long it normally takes to get someone approved for financing?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the US, it's instant, five minutes max with a SSN and DOB
Old 05-31-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a particular reason why you are planning on financing through the dealership?
Old 05-31-2007, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a particular reason why you are planning on financing through the dealership?

[/ QUOTE ]

'Cuz he hasn't lost enough money playing poker...

AB
Old 05-31-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Vehicle Mazda RX8.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a blessing in disguise for you, don't buy an RX8.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:39 AM

This probably won't help you unless you get as lucky as I did when I bought my first Toyota. Back then there were quotas on Japanese imports and you couldn't really get a good deal on a Camry but somehow I negotiated a decent deal and made a deposit and had a signed agreement.

They told me that as soon as one was available they would call me. Then I waited and waited. After numerous calls and couple of months of runarounds, I went to the dealership with my wife to try and get them to cut the [censored].

Of course at any time I could have gotten my deposit back but I wanted the car. My wife didn't want to go in and stayed in the car so I went in and the salesman took me into his office. He was very apologetic and waved a printout of all the back orders and told me I just had to be more patient.

I told him that that wasn't good enough and that I wanted to speak with the sales manager. He said ok. I'll go get him and left me alone in the office. I started going through the printouts and found evidence that they were delivering cars to other cutomers who had signed agreements dated later than mine.

I was very upset and took the paperwork and went into the showroom and asked where the sales managers offfice was and went in there and waving my evidence said if they didn't deliver me a car asap I was going call the Attorney General's office in the morning and started walking out.

There were 3 salesmen hanging around and the sales manager yells at them to tackle me and get that paperwork back. I had no problem getting into a scuffle with these guys but it was going to be in the public in front of people so I put my head down and bulled through them into the showroom.

They didn't really have their heart into stopping me and I got away pretty easily and then started shouting in the showroom what a bunch of crooks these people were. I got to my car and wife is looking at me like I'm a madman or something and I tell her what happened. She just shakes her head as that was kind of par for the course for me in those days.

So we get home and around 9:30 pm the phone rings and it's the owner of the dealership calling me to apologize and tell me that it was all a mixup and they actually have a car for me and I could pick it up the next day which I did. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2007, 12:10 PM

wow, that's a lot of [censored] work for a goddamn camry.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dealer offering 2.9% atm. Seems like a good deal to me.