Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 09:22 PM

Default Re: the well: renton

What are your biggest leaks? What are your past leaks and how have you fixed them?
Old 09-30-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are your biggest leaks? What are your past leaks and how have you fixed them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Biggest leaks: I often take lines where i get to the river and my range sucks. i.e., I poorly balance my range in pots that i play awkwardly or passively. This leads to me having to make a hero call when someone makes a huge bet because im thinking I KNOW HE KNOWS I HAVE THIS HAND AND HE'D VB LESS OR C/C IF HE WERE PLAYING OPTIMALLY. Then of course i hero call and he has the nuts.

Other leaks, I don't pick up enough pots. My wsf is significantly lower than it should be based on what ive seen from gm, phresh, and others's stats.

Also, i seem to lose more from my blinds than i should. I have no idea how to fix this leak, i think it just has something to do with me playing better all around postflop, g [censored] l with that.

As far as leaks ive patched up. I guess I make much better folds now then i used to. i.e. im very good at folding AA to nits now, when i used to get pwned constantly in my partypoker days. I've folded KK preflop several times with rather extreme success.

I think my game has come a long way recently more in terms of getting more value as opposed to patching leaks. Ive become very good at valuebetting and my preflop game is near perfect imo. This is good because in my opinion the preflop edge is huge in full ring.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:33 PM

I'm in teh same boat with the only level giving me fits is 2/4...but I'm still there. However, I only have about 3k hands in there or something like that.

Anyway, what was it about 6m for you that you couldn't get it rolling? Ever try again now?
Old 09-30-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in teh same boat with the only level giving me fits is 2/4...but I'm still there. However, I only have about 3k hands in there or something like that.

Anyway, what was it about 6m for you that you couldn't get it rolling? Ever try again now?

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't stand NOT being the most aggressive player. And at six max its impossible to be the most aggressive player without spewing your ass off. I think this is my huge mental block with six max.

Anyway, ive been playing a ton of six max lately, and im having slight success. I'd like to eventually switch to it, because full ring isn't really spread higher than 2/4 and 3/6, and i'd like to eventually be a 5/10 reg.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:42 PM

What methods do you use for tilt control/prevention?

What tips do you have for playing long sessions?

What bankroll guidelines would you use for moving up/down? Does it change if you have previous experience at that level?

Did you go to college? What did you major in?

Do you play any other forms of poker to break the monotony?

Are you from Atlanta or the suburbs (I'm from the suburbs, thats why I ask)?
Old 09-30-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What methods do you use for tilt control/prevention?

What tips do you have for playing long sessions?

What bankroll guidelines would you use for moving up/down? Does it change if you have previous experience at that level?

Did you go to college? What did you major in?

Do you play any other forms of poker to break the monotony?

Are you from Atlanta or the suburbs (I'm from the suburbs, thats why I ask)?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Play long sessions until it becomes very difficult to get tilted. I have a threshold of tilt, and its somewhere in the realm of 5 consecutive 80/20 suckouts. Set over sets and coolers in general don't tend to bother me as much for some reason.

2. Heh, catch 22 with number one. Practice makes perfect, the better you become at controlling ur emotions the better you will be at weathering long sessions.

3. 20 buyin rule until 1/2, 50 buyin rule after that. 100 buyins if ur pro. I don't think previous experience makes a whole lot of difference here, even the most experienced of players have a pretty small edge in this game, and with small edges comes huge variance.

4. Doing my bachelors of architecture thesis currently.

5. Not really. Donkaments occasionally.

6. Technically i have an atlanta address. I live in cobb county on the cross of 285 and powers ferry.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:04 PM

Can you give us a simple breakdown of this "near perfect" PF strategy? Are there certain "underrated" hands you like to play from certain positions (mainly EP since I remember you saying you raise over 10% there)?

You raise PF and get called by an average, unspectacular player. You completely whiff on the flop (no pair, no draw). Are there any flops you aren't c-betting in position? OOP?

You raise PF with QQ and a sLAG capable of floating calls from the button. The flop comes AT6r, you c-bet 75%, and he calls...what's your standard line for the rest of the hand?

How often (percentage wise) do you double barrel IP? OOP?

You said your game turned around in June...what changed?
Old 09-30-2007, 10:10 PM

I don't really have any questions, just look forward to getting into your games and having some fun

ps you should have kept playing 1/2 on that marathon session
Old 09-30-2007, 10:21 PM

kos asked all my questions, but as for tilt control I have tuffish.ytmnd.com on constant loop this stops all tilt.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:31 PM

what are your table selection methods?
Do you ever play HEads up?