Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: AK LAYDOWN? NL100

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is pretty good. Board sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-23-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is pretty good. Board sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you look back at your session and these are the pots where you lost the most money, you'll be in good shape.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

B/F is horrible here imo. People do stupid things in reraised pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

think about how it looks to him. I raise, this guy reraises, flop comes AJT and he bets. Do I want to make a move? MMm maybe not this time. it's just not a spot people make a ton of moves in IME.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:25 PM

Your line is showing a lot of strength, and the villain's min raise is not ment to get you out. Fold it. When the 'board sucks,' you normally don't have the best of it vs. a raise.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:45 PM

Jacks, Tens, would all follow this same line. Your hand is behind. 4 bet shoving TPTK is horrendous and -EV here. You expect AQ to be minraising here oop? Don't think so..
Old 07-23-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

B/F is horrible here imo. People do stupid things in reraised pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

think about how it looks to him. I raise, this guy reraises, flop comes AJT and he bets. Do I want to make a move? MMm maybe not this time. it's just not a spot people make a ton of moves in IME.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I don't think this is true at 200NL and below. Villain's just don't think about ranges very well. It's usually ("I'll call and make a move at favorable flops. OOOOOH, look, a flush draw!"). I shove and would not at all be surprised to see a combo draw (or even a naked flush draw) here.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:47 PM

i think its a fine fold.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:26 PM

I think that these are the spots where the big time winners in online poker evaluate this as being behind and fold. These types of hands come up alot of times over a week and can make a big difference in a bankroll. I was always told that the great ones can lay down big hands.

Nice play.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:06 PM

It is a tough spot, but you have to realize you put yourself in that spot.

First mistake. Preflop, why in the world would you over bet the flop when you are in the small blind. This by far the biggest mistake i see a lot of people in the small stakes make. You have to realize that in these small stakes you are short stacked and by over betting a 3 bet preflop will result in all your chips in the pot by the river.

You just have A high, its a drawing hand and you shouldnt mind if 2 or 3 ppl see the flop. I prefer to limp in the blinds and play it from there. but a reraise is by no means a bad choice just making 18 to go is.

if you raise make it 9 - 12. 18 is just insane.

then he min raises. a pure sign of weakness. what he is probably looking for is to take control of the hand and see the river card or check it down. but he can easily have AA (doubt it), KK,QQ, JJ, 1010, AK, AQ, AJ, A10, A 9, KQ, KJ, K10 of spades, or even the 98 of spades. all those hands you can make a valid point to min raising that flop.

Now we go off your image an play. Your hand range. AA, KK,QQ, JJ, maybe 1010, AK and AQ most likely. So right off the bat he knows that you dont have the nuts (KQ) so there is always a chance you will lay it down to a raise. if you call he will know that he is probably beat and he will get an extra card on the river to suck out.

If you would of played it properly. Call in the small blind. now the flop you bet 6$ and he raises you to 12, you pop it up to 30$ he pushes you have the worst hand and can easily fold. AND you saved yourself 10$, but you also gave your self full control of the hand and to take it down.

Or you could of check called the flop and pray for a spade so you can value bet like you hit the flush and get to see the outcome of the hand. once again, if he comes over the top on the turn or river, you are beat and you can lay it down.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:18 PM

I like this fold. FWIW, when you simply add AQ into the mix we have 45% equity.

Board: As Tc Js
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 27.329% 26.54% 00.78% 4993 147.50 { AhKh }
Hand 1: 72.671% 71.89% 00.78% 13522 147.50 { JcJd, JcJh, JdJh, TdTh, TdTs, ThTs, AJs-ATs, 9s8s, AJo-ATo }