Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Some thoughts on nanostakes 6max... (tl;dr)

Well I sure can't buy into all your arguments BUT I did belatedly notice we were only 3 handed. Also we have no reasons (reads) given that would lead us to conclude villain is either competent or incompetent ubless I missed something. Therefore how about:

Heman calls the 3 bet preflop
Heman check/raises the flop. Calls a 3 bet
Check/folds turn if villain 3 bets flop.
Leads turn and folds to a raise if villain only calls the flop check raise.
We have fourth pair on the turn. Sometimes even hyper aggro villains have a hand.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I sure can't buy into all your arguments BUT I did belatedly notice we were only 3 handed. Also we have no reasons (reads) given that would lead us to conclude villain is either competent or incompetent ubless I missed something. Therefore how about:

Heman calls the 3 bet preflop
Heman check/raises the flop. Calls a 3 bet
Check/folds turn if villain 3 bets flop.
Leads turn and folds to a raise if villain only calls the flop check raise.
We have fourth pair on the turn. Sometimes even hyper aggro villains have a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

He-man is in position, so he can't check-raise.

3-handed play should not be confused with 6-handed play. The change from 3 to 6 players is significantly bigger than the change from 6 to 9.

This seems like the type of player against whom you would like to go to showdown with any pair, and I don't mind hero's line at all. The same villain will likely semi-bluff the flush draw on the flop and turn and bluff the river.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:54 PM

Right he can't check raise.

OK I bow to you and freteloos superior short handed experience. I have avoided playing with less than 4 or 5 whenever possible so I have to admit I'm probably wrong.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right he can't check raise.

OK I bow to you and freteloos superior short handed experience. I have avoided playing with less than 4 or 5 whenever possible so I have to admit I'm probably wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate 4 and fewer handed games against aggressive players. I avoid those situations, too. It becomes right to call down with some very weak hands.

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6-max tables when they shrink to 3 and the villains are loose-passive or weak-tight.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:29 PM

"Any experienced 2+2er should be able to sit down at a 6 max table and make NO adjustments from their full ring play and still be successful. All he or she needs to do is play every hand as if it was folded to MP2" - Wookie

This post was made a little over 2 years ago.....I'm wondering if this statement still holds true in the online 6max world today?
Old 06-14-2007, 01:16 AM

Not to denigrate our benevolent mod, but I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now.

Preflop, yeah, 6-max is as easy as thinking about it as if every hand were folded to MP2, but postflop is a whole different world and always has been.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to denigrate our benevolent mod, but I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now.

Preflop, yeah, 6-max is as easy as thinking about it as if every hand were folded to MP2, but postflop is a whole different world and always has been.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT!

Just read the small stakes shorthanded forum and this forum and compare advice from the supposedly good players. Its waaaay different.

Even in hands that are played shorthanded you will see a lot more b/f, c/f and fold preflop advice in the micros and a lot more call down in the shorthanded forum.

With all due respect for this forum I think it would be a good idea to frequent the shorthanded forum as well if you want to play more 6max. Not because the advice there is better, but because it is different and will give the new player another view on 6max LHE.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even in hands that are played shorthanded you will see a lot more b/f, c/f and fold preflop advice in the micros and a lot more call down in the shorthanded forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's more a function of micros players (usually) being too tight in late positions than a difference between FR and 6max. I raise a lot of stuff in tightish FR games that I could never get away with if the blinds played back more often like they do in SH.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:59 AM

that is one of the contributing factors to why I wrote what I wrote. Perhaps I didn't focus on it enough, but a majority of the hands I see in SSSH are from 3/6 on up. There is a world of difference between those players and the players at .25/.50-1/2 6max. There is a great deal of aggression preflop and some very weird aggression postflop. Hence the need for a knowledge of isolation plays coupled with good postflop skills and observation. When you're to the left of a 45/15/1.1 'tard but to the right of a 70/0/0.9 'tard and you're staring down at AQos, you really need to have a game plan available...
Old 06-14-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HeMan caps preflop because?

Heman leads flop because he missed the flop and there are
only 2 overcards up?

Heman calls the turn because he didn't believe the check raise and there are only 3 overcards up and he has 2 outs?

He man calls the river? Has He-man forgotten that he only has a small pair?

Please tell me you were SB!!! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

against many opponents he-man played this fine

actually i think if im he-man and a K or a 9 comes of i may even raise the turn/river