Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2006, 06:38 PM

Default OP aka Douchebag

Welcome to the ranks of the Douchebag Political Trolls. You are now in the fine company of fellow d-bags:

canis
cardcounter
weatherman
Chris Alger
$_DEADSEXE_$.

This is not because your topic isn't worthy of discussion, but because putting "Douchebag" in the thread topic merely identifies you as another mindless Bush basher who everyday seeks to turn any issue into an excuse for personal insults of the president. Those of us on the right don't start even 10% of number of such threads solely dedicated to bashing Hillary or Bill. You are just a troll, and easily identified as such as well, by the very few poker strategy related posts (if any) you have made in these forums, which is the same as others on the above list.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Another Brilliant Idea by Bush..aka the Douche Bag President

[ QUOTE ]
For the record, the constitution of the Confederate States of America included a line-item veto. It also included language that explicitly banned corporate welfare (then known as "internal improvement subsidies"), protectionist tariffs, and did not contain the General Welfare clause that has been so abused.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for your husband getting shot, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?
Old 03-06-2006, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For the record, the constitution of the Confederate States of America included a line-item veto. It also included language that explicitly banned corporate welfare (then known as "internal improvement subsidies"), protectionist tariffs, and did not contain the General Welfare clause that has been so abused.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for your husband getting shot, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

[/ QUOTE ]

If only he'd been shot four or five years earlier.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I know that a president will only cut the port from the people who don't support him,

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't resist.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:09 PM

Default Re: OP aka Douchebag

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the ranks of the Douchebag Political Trolls. You are now in the fine company of fellow d-bags:

canis
cardcounter
weatherman
Chris Alger
$_DEADSEXE_$.

This is not because your topic isn't worthy of discussion, but because putting "Douchebag" in the thread topic merely identifies you as another mindless Bush basher who everyday seeks to turn any issue into an excuse for personal insults of the president. Those of us on the right don't start even 10% of number of such threads solely dedicated to bashing Hillary or Bill. You are just a troll, and easily identified as such as well, by the very few poker strategy related posts (if any) you have made in these forums, which is the same as others on the above list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you please direct me to the never ending stream of Bush bashing posts I make? Im having trouble remembering them. Like wise I invite you to look at the small statkesno limit and single table tournaments forum. There are plenty of my posts there.

I guess what I am saying is, shut the [censored] up. Say what you want about the posters you dont like, but dont falsely acuse me of anything.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:41 PM

Default I Agree, Another Mindless Bush Hating Post

[ QUOTE ]

canis
cardcounter
weatherman
Chris Alger
$_DEADSEXE_$.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, you are correct. Another mindless Bush hating post.
The line item veto will reduce Congress's power to spend which is good regardless whether a Repub or Dem is in office.

I heard on the news that this line-item veto legislation has been tweaked to make it more likely to pass muster in the supreme court. Also since we have have two new supreme court justices, perhaps Bush thinks it has a chance this time.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If memory serves, every president for quite some time has asked for the line-item veto. Nobody has gotten it because the congress realizes a line-item veto essentially puts it out of business.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK please clarify for me Andy how this would be so.

Based on my limited perspective, here are my thoughts:

-If an item is truly important enough, it appears to me that Congress should be able to muster enough votes for an override

-A line-item veto would help prevent bill authors from sneaking legislation in somewhat "under the radar" so to speak via appending such legislation to already lengthy bills.

-If Congress were to get less done overall due to line-item veto, that might not be such a bad thing--and it might actually be a good thing. As the excellent poster "adios" has pointed out elsewhere, the country historically may well have been better off when the executive branch and legislative branch were controlled by different parties, resulting in a fair amount of gridlock.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:04 PM

Default Re: OP aka Douchebag

I agree that the OP is quite the DB, but I never thought of lumping the weatherman in the canis crowd.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another Brilliant Idea by Bush..aka the Douche Bag President

[/ QUOTE ]

Douchebag is one word.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not according to Merriam-Webster , you douche bag.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:38 PM

I put Douchebag in the title...because I really believe he is a Douchebag...much like Dick Cheney, Tom Dashcle, Harry Reid, Howard Dean, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, etc.