Page 23 46.94%
Plant 16 32.65%
Bonham 10 20.41%
Jones 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2006, 02:35 PM

Default Re: 15/30 Limit Omaha hi/lo Battle Of The Blinds

[ QUOTE ]
re: the actual hand.. I would fold this. The pot is too small to try to bluff raise here and his hand could easily be what he's representing.

Also, why are you only posting VPIP and won@SD? That second stat is so useless.. what about PFR, AF and went to SD?

[/ QUOTE ]

PFR: 6.9
AF: 0.64
Went To SD: 47.13

Also, you state that "his hand could be easily what he's representing"

I disagree. If he hit the flop, he's likely to lead out and not let me draw to a low cheaply. The 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the turn now creates a new low and flush draw, but doesn't complete any draws from the flop. Now he's betting into me, why?

Does he have a set of 7's? Unlikely, I have one 7 in my hand. Has he picked up a flush/low/straight draw? Possibly. Maybe he just figures he can take it down since I checked the flop and the pot is small.

Whatever the case, I don't believe the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] put him ahead of me on the turn (i.e. if he was ahead of me, it was on the flop)

The river King is a real brick, given the way Villian has played the hand. It doesn't mesh with any draws he'd be representing on that turn card, but he HAS to bet if he's missed any of his draws, and so the raise seemed the best move to make.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:46 PM

Ok. I still think you screwed this hand up. Why not bet the flop? On the turn, he could have taken a stab with a broadway gutshot + low draw or double gutter like AT8 or just the ignorant end (9Txx).

Anyway, I think it's really silly that you're not raising preflop or betting when checked to, yet you're bluff raising the river. You declined reasonable aggression twice, then chose the most expensive and risky play to take down a small pot. And this is against a fairly passive and showdown-bound opponent.

Congratulations, it worked. It still sucks.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:46 PM

Yeah, a raise could work. I'd pass. There are better places & better situations for it. Under o circumstances would anyone who knows how to play ever call this one.

I would have most likely played the hand aggressively post-flop.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did not fold, I raised the river, and Villian folded.

[/ QUOTE ]
Too bad you didn't get to showdown. At least then they would have known you were an idiot, rather than just guessing...

Old 08-31-2006, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. I still think you screwed this hand up. Why not bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly because it opens me up to a check-raise that I'll have to fold. Normally I would fold to the turn bet with my holding, and I still disagree with any thoughts about raising heads-up with that particular holding.

My question isn't about pre-flop, flop or the turn, however. It's about the river action. Given the way Villian has played the hand, it's unlikely he's made the nut straight. His turn action suggests he picked up a draw, and the river doesn't mesh with any of the draws he might've picked up on the turn. As such, he's forced to bet and try to take it down, because he likely has little to no showdown value, thus the reason I raise.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:35 PM

I don't play much limit, but doesn't it make a lot of sense to keep a pot small if you are going to bluff at it?

This action by Villian looks to me like an aggressive low-draw or just a bet because villian waited for the bets to get big before bluffing.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play much limit, but doesn't it make a lot of sense to keep a pot small if you are going to bluff at it?

This action by Villian looks to me like an aggressive low-draw or just a bet because villian waited for the bets to get big before bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if you're going to bluff, you ideally want to have only one or two opponents and a fairly small pot or a board that doesn't appear to have helped typical draws/hands in this game.

Otherwise, your opponent(s) are getting great odds to just call you down with weak two pairs and such.

Again, my play in this instance was based on Villians betting pattern. I just felt very strongly that he picked up a draw on the turn and the river didn't help any draw that could have potentially represented, so it was natural for him to bet, and natural for me to raise.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

PFR: 6.9
AF: 0.64
Went To SD: 47.13

[/ QUOTE ]

P.S. Why are all of your posts polls now?
Not that Im complaining, just interested...

So, you actually have to ask these kind of questions?
How is it that you 3bet KQ on a two heart flop, but
have to wonder if you should pressure this guy?

Im going to use my favorite gergery quote again,
"Does your wife play poker too?"
Old 09-01-2006, 02:42 AM

I just like to see how others would handle various situations I've gotten myself into, good and bad.

I'm still learning and developing, I still make plenty of mistakes, and I dunno, just like polls.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:58 AM

Raise PF.

Bet the flop, usually win, fold to a check raise.

As played, raise the turn = free showdown.

As played, fold the river, and three betting is either a genius play against this guy or a tremendous spew. Depends.

-Tex