Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: JJ preflop

I don't fold JJ to a standard 3 bet and I think he raises here with more hands than he would usually 3 bet with because of the caller's money, so I don't fold this. We're a little behind his probable range but the caller's money, plus the fact he has to go broke on J high flops with a decent chunk of his range, plus the fact that one of the callers might also call with a weakish hand makes it a call.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:49 AM

I reckon he goes broke on 2 high flops too with most of his range [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2007, 11:45 AM

Fold or push, cold call is just silly for a number of reasons. 1, if you call you aren't getting set odds, you aren't gonna like any other flops, and if you are willing to push an all-unders flop you should push now. 2, there's 3 left to act including an UTG open-raiser. If I know that SB loves the squeeze (rare in the micros) I'll push but against anyone else I fold here.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:43 PM

don't you have to fold w jj since you still have three people to act and could re-raise which would could mean you are facing qq, kk, aa and praying for the other two js to hit.
qqs are harder for me to let go so i might end up shoving here to narrow the feild?

does thid sound reasonble or am i to confident with qq?
Old 08-17-2007, 03:45 PM

Just fold.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:55 PM

I'm suprised everyone's being so tight in this spot. I'm a nit and I do the same as SB with lots of pairs, a few aces and the occasional TJs type hand.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm suprised everyone's being so tight in this spot. I'm a nit and I do the same as SB with lots of pairs, a few aces and the occasional TJs type hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you do this doesn't mean that hero should be calling with JJ. If you want to pull a crazy squeeze then power to you but it's unlikely that the sb in this hand is squeezing, just because not many people squeeze at 25nl.

We can't call for set value, and if we call any bet on an undercard flop we'll be stuck, reraising is just freakin suicide at 25nl, except that you might get AK to fold.

I don't see how you can do anything but fold here.