Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Re: 1/2 River spots

I think hand 1 is a bet/fold unless button is tricky or erratic.

Hand 2 is close, but I think it's one of those very thin check behinds. Plus, even if you're giving up a little EV, finding that sick check behind when villain was going for the check/raise is just awesome.

Hand 3 is a bet/fold versus a loose/passive, but a check/call against a semi-competent or better opponent.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:03 AM

Check/calling looks good in hands 1 and 3 IMO. And I like bet/folding in hand 2.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:12 AM

I'm thinking that the mixed opinions in this thread indicate that these are tough hands [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 05-16-2007, 03:29 AM

Hand 1 is a check. KQ/KJ look entirely consistent with his play, and with your kicker not playing, you're really only collecting value from like JTs/QTs/JJ/QQ, which isn't that many hand combos and might not call a river bet anyway. There's also a small chance that he has something like 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and will make a desperation bet on the river if you check (and he might even make that bet with a JTs type of hand).

In Hand 2, it's kinda tough to put him on a hand. There aren't many flush draws for him to have unless he has K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] exactly. KQo is certainly possible, but would have required some rather thin peels on the flop/turn. AJ would certainly have given you action by now. AT is possible, certainly, though IMO the play with that hand is to bet-call the river rather than going for the check-raise.

His representative hand is probably QT, which had a gutshot on the flop, a double-gutter on the turn, and has now rivered a pair. Would he make a hero call with that hand? If not then I'd probably check behind. On the other hand, if he's a station or he's seen you iso-raise with 66 or something than I'd bet. BTW, I think it's a fold if you bet and are raised, though you will be folding the best hand occasionally.

Hand 3: Check and hope to induce a bluff from JT or a busted flush draw.