Old 04-11-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Bankroll and you.....?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please never link to pocketfives again

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL best advice in uNL

In response to the person who said they stop at 1 or 2 buyins, this is good if you generally go on tilt after dropping that amount. But often times a game can be so good that you're hurting your expectation to leave.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please never link to pocketfives again

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL best advice in uNL

In response to the person who said they stop at 1 or 2 buyins, this is good if you generally go on tilt after dropping that amount. But often times a game can be so good that you're hurting your expectation to leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me explain how I would decide to leave a game. If lets say I have AA vs. KK (I have the AA) and I get beat I rebuy and write it off as a bad beat nothing I can do about it. Then next time I get AA again and opponent has 23o and wins its another bad beat. But if I recognize I am screwing up and just playing bad I quit.

If I suffer another bad beat after that I just quit though and say today is not my day to play. I will wait like a day to play again. I just don't like to play when I am not playing my best and sometimes a bad beat gives you a bad mindset.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:15 PM

Im bankroll nit, atm i play 50nl with ~4k roll
Old 04-11-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow thats a lot for 50NL!

As for the bankroll management it depends on how comfortable you feel at the limit you are playing (or hoping to play). If you feel like you are completely outplaying your current limit and you will most likely do so the next limit (eg. 25NL-50NL) then 20 buy-ins is fine. As you move up more though its better to increase the number of buy-ins for each limit, so for 100NL you might want 30-40. I would say 20 minimum. Then just take a 5 BI shot at the next limit and if it doesnt work just move back down.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. 25NL here with 5k+ roll. Well over 80% of the roll is from bonuses and LHE though - I'm a recent convert to NL, so moving up slowly.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your not a nit, you're a coward
Old 04-11-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me explain how I would decide to leave a game. If lets say I have AA vs. KK (I have the AA) and I get beat I rebuy and write it off as a bad beat nothing I can do about it. Then next time I get AA again and opponent has 23o and wins its another bad beat. But if I recognize I am screwing up and just playing bad I quit.

If I suffer another bad beat after that I just quit though and say today is not my day to play. I will wait like a day to play again. I just don't like to play when I am not playing my best and sometimes a bad beat gives you a bad mindset.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah I totally agree.

Usually when I run bad I just fire up a 6-table session of turbo sngs for the sole purpose of realizing how often my hands don't hold up. I tend to take beats at the cash table a lot better after I do this.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:09 PM

I ran with 10-15 buy ins from $10NL-$50NL and it worked fine, this includes a couple of downswings and a large sample size. I currently have 20 buy ins at $50NL, but I'm not going to move up to $100NL without at least 15-20 buy ins. Honestly, I believe uNL can be played with a smaller bankroll if you are willing to move down.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:28 PM

Hm, it depends on what you need the money for. If you have a job and outside money and don't depend on your bankroll for anything, you can play just about anything you want.

I, as well as a lot of people on 2+2, cash out my bankroll to pay for my small bills and stuff (Only totalled around $300 every month). [Recently, I sat down and looked - Along with the tuition I paid at my community college last fall, cashing out for leisure, and the sum of my bills, I've probably cashed out $7k.] If you do this, you want a LOT of buyins so that you're never at risk to lose your bankroll. I played 50nl with $3k, but now that I have a job to pay for all my bills, I'm considering a shot at 200nl with around 12 buyins.

It's all about comfort/fearlessness/dumbness I guess. Play where you feel comfortable, not by how many buyins you have.