Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: NL25 flopped flush, villain wants to play,turn pairs board, linech

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should lead out the river with a $4 bet and fold to any raises.
(...)

So that leaves us with other flush possibilities. There are 4 flushes that beat us in a Q,J,9,8. Again, being the big blind, his range includes any combination of suited combos that contain these cards. This is where the river bet is so valuable. On a scary board like this, you know your opponent more than likely has you beat if they re-raised your bet. By not betting, you are going to get bet into by not only higher flushes, but at this limit, a more broad range of hands. They may see your check as a sign of weakness (missed the flush with the Q) and bet into you with 2 pair or a 3 of a kind.

So I think the biggest bit of advice that you can take from this is to bet the river in these situations. It doesn't leave you in a spot like this where you don't know what to put your opponent on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but... the outlined part is exactly what I thought: A better hand will bet, while a worse hand might try a bluff if I check. If I bet out, a better hand will call or raise, but there will be no bluffs.

I also see the advantage of betting out. But what should I do if he raises me to, say, $8, so itīs just 4 more to call if my bet was $4? Do we really fold here, given the limit?
If so, wow. If not, itīs the same amount, so why not try to catch a bluff? That was my reasoning behind checking.