Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 04:40 AM

Default Re: 14,500 hands of 3/6 sh play stats are in HELPPPPP

[ QUOTE ]
ive tried 5/10 i have no luck there after 10k hands im down money

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm, I moved up to 5/10 recently, that could be the reason.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:21 AM

You're God's gift to poker and should move up immediately. Don't worry about your short term bad luck at 5/10, that won't happen again. I hear 10/20 is cake, give it a shot and let us know how it goes. I'm sure you'll be fine.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:27 AM

Why doesn't someone actually just give this dude a simple reply to his question? Why does everyone gotta be so mean to him.. I don't get it, I'm mainly a NL player so I wouldn't know the BB/100 ratio.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:31 AM

5.5BB/100 is actually a little on the low side. Many strong players can increase their winrate to around 8BB/100 at these levels. I have the secrets. Let me know if you are interested in coaching. 4 hours with me will increase your BB/100 to 8 guaranteed.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why doesn't someone actually just give this dude a simple reply to his question? Why does everyone gotta be so mean to him.. I don't get it, I'm mainly a NL player so I wouldn't know the BB/100 ratio.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many players who are considered to be good consistently get 1.5 or 2 bb / 100 hands. If you consistently get 3bb/ 100 hands you are likely very good.

To get 5.5bb/100, a few things might be causing it such as:
1) You are getting extremely lucky. Those stats are huge.
2) You are extremely good and your opponents are extremely bad. You have professional handreading skills. You have an indepth and comprehensive knowledge of a large amount of poker theory, probability, and likely, game theory (for when you are playing against "good" opponents).

Its also possible that you are moderately good and have gotten lucky on top of that. While some people scoff at the idea that you perform so differently (ie better) at different limits, this is possible since sometimes players "accidently" fall into games which their style of play prospers in.

However, due to the small sample size of hands played, it is more likely that your inconsistant results at different limits has its roots in luck.

Finally, no , you cannot expect these stats to continue. If you do plan to have these stats continue, you will likely be very dissapointed.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:50 AM

I ran about that good for my first 20k hands of 5/10 6m. Don't expect it to continue. The most relevant stats are vp$ip%, pfr%, post-flop aggression factor, ASB, and blind defense stats. The first two are more useful if you look at them relative to your position (#off the button). All anyone can say from the info you have given is that you have been running hot.

edit:
BTW, are you talking big bets/100 or big blinds/100? The big bets/100 stat is the standard around here for limit play.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Many players who are considered to be good consistently get 1.5 or 2 bb / 100 hands. If you consistently get 3bb/ 100 hands you are likely very good.

To get 5.5bb/100, a few things might be causing it such as:
1) You are getting extremely lucky. Those stats are huge.
2) You are extremely good and your opponents are extremely bad. You have professional handreading skills. You have an indepth and comprehensive knowledge of a large amount of poker theory, probability, and likely, game theory (for when you are playing against "good" opponents).

Its also possible that you are moderately good and have gotten lucky on top of that. While some people scoff at the idea that you perform so differently (ie better) at different limits, this is possible since sometimes players "accidently" fall into games which their style of play prospers in.

However, due to the small sample size of hands played, it is more likely that your inconsistant results at different limits has its roots in luck.

Finally, no , you cannot expect these stats to continue. If you do plan to have these stats continue, you will likely be very dissapointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I heard was "I'm freaking fabulous!"
Old 10-02-2005, 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i read everything

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

but i honestly dont know what my stats should be

[/ QUOTE ]

you could find one of the 9,436,381 posts on reasonable win-rates for limit (6-max and full) by doing a simple search.

you would also find information on how freaking small and virtually meaningless (for win-rate purposes anyway) a 15k hand sample is.

The question now isn't whether you actually have read 'everything'.
There are serious doubts about whether you've read 'anything'. Because this information is freaking everywhere.

To answer your questions more directly (or at least what i think they are):

no - a 5BB/100 win-rate is not average. it is running very well.
you should not expect to continue at such a win-rate.
a good player at 3/6 6-max could possibly win 2-3BB/100 imo.
3BB/100 might be pushing it and might be only for REALLY good players....but I suspect the general field is so lousy at 3/6 that it's not too unrealistic.
Still, if you are beating it for 2BB/100 you are doing pretty well.
If you are only beating it for 1BB/100 then you probably have some leaks in your game that you should look into.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i play 10/20 im up about 4000.... i dont know where my happy medium is and why im not successful on 5/10

ive tried 20/40 and lost lots and ive played 15/30 and won lots.

[/ QUOTE ]

goodness gracious you've played a lot of different limits.

it sounds like you play small samples at various limits and then look at your win-rate and use that to determine whether you are a good player at that game or not.
this is really a ridiculous way of going about things.
instead of focusing on your win-rate maybe you should look at whether you think you are better than your opponents there and whether you think you are good enough to beat that game.

if you've won so much at 10/20 and 15/30 and think you are so good at those games then why are you playing 3/6??

how can you have so many different samples at various limits and fail to see that short-term win-rates ain't that meaningful?
Old 10-02-2005, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i play 10/20 im up about 4000.... i dont know where my happy medium is and why im not successful on 5/10

ive tried 20/40 and lost lots and ive played 15/30 and won lots.... so im confused.... 3/6 seems most consecutive for me though and less risky

[/ QUOTE ]

Liar.