Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Is slow playing AA really so common in NL???

[ QUOTE ]
Limit losses are like a death by a thousand cuts. NL, like someone came at you with a club.

[/ QUOTE ]

HEY - you stole my line - I just never realized how true it was LOL.

I'm not used to getting whacked over the head. More used to the slow bleed, much less violent and less prone to the one hand tilt which I have done (tilting in NL is expensive - something I must control BUT I'm aware of it)

I don't think I have the bankroll for NL25 (????). As I said I have resisted putting money INTO accounts and when Neteller blew up I had cashed out 99% of my funds so I have perhaps $350 in my accounts!

The Neteller money DID make a nice down payment for a golf course house though (also called wife-tax).
Old 11-12-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Is slow playing AA really so common in NL???

If you only have $350, I would stay at 10NL and grind it up. You're going to run into sicker beats due to the loose players, but you have to remember that you're taking Sklansky bucks to the bank. Just keep in mind that overpairs are NOT the nuts, and TPTK is rarely good on the river when there are 3+ people in the hand. Conversely, when it looks like the board is dry and someone keeps calling you when you have TPTK, value bet the hell out of him. You're going to run into some sick hands where your AK loses on a A27T4 rainbow board because villain called you down with A4o, but many more times you will take his money.

Position is huge. Also, at 10NL, you shouldn't be bluffing much. Don't blind steal/cbet unless your PT stats shows you that the player is nitty enough to fold. People will call you down with 2nd and 3rd pair, so bluffing really loses most of its value.

Obviously there are a ton more things I could write, but I think there are a decent number of articles that talk about the transition from limit to NL. Here are a couple (taken from the sticky):

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=6145720
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...&PHPSESSID=
Closed Thread