Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Re: FPP VIP WSOP Satellites next 2 Sundays

thanks scotty. Are the chances registration will be full the first minute registration opens?
Old 05-31-2007, 11:30 AM

------Are the chances registration will be full the first minute registration opens?

It would be more likely for me to be voted Mrs. Isle of Man this week.

Scotty
Old 05-31-2007, 11:35 AM

okay thx for clearing that up.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It would be more likely for me to be voted Mrs. Isle of Man this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

When's the operation?
Old 05-31-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
------can you take cash if you don't want to play? If not can you transfer it to next year? I'm like 3 months shy of being 21 in july.

Since we can not register players, the events will pay cash.

-----these things are going to be CHOCK full. scotty, please make something more exclusive for the platinums/supernovas. we pay the bills after all.

I think you over estimate how many players will play. Should be a nice overlay in each event.

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, these are nothing compared to the bazillion VIP FPP qualifiers from last year. I'm fairly sure there were four per week, 5 seats in Silver, 3 in Gold, 2 in Platinum and 1 in Nova, IIRC. It was certainly something like that, anyway. That's 11 seats per week. All qualifiers were 500 FPP and there were WAY WAY WAY less VIPs last year. They also ran for at least 6 weeks. It might have actually been more - I don't recall exactly. Basically, there was a LOT of VIP value in these tournaments last year (increasing with level) and there just isn't this year.

Like you say, there will definitely be overlay and we appreciate that, but it seems like things are quite devalued this year. It may be just my opinion. (Queue someone chiming in and saying, hey it's free don't complain). Except it's not, really.

There's also no difference for these tournaments between Silverstar and Nova, which is somewhat aggravating.

We're not paying for jessica0003's $100,000 are we? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ryan
Old 05-31-2007, 07:24 PM

I doubt there will be much overlay in the 10k FPP one, which is what most of us will be playing. On the bright side there will be another one next week, and maybe some people will have spent their last 10k points on the first one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
------can you take cash if you don't want to play? If not can you transfer it to next year? I'm like 3 months shy of being 21 in july.

-----these things are going to be CHOCK full. scotty, please make something more exclusive for the platinums/supernovas. we pay the bills after all.

I think you over estimate how many players will play. Should be a nice overlay in each event.

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, these are nothing compared to the bazillion VIP FPP qualifiers from last year. I'm fairly sure there were four per week, 5 seats in Silver, 3 in Gold, 2 in Platinum and 1 in Nova, IIRC. It was certainly something like that, anyway. That's 11 seats per week. All qualifiers were 500 FPP and there were WAY WAY WAY less VIPs last year. They also ran for at least 6 weeks. It might have actually been more - I don't recall exactly. Basically, there was a LOT of VIP value in these tournaments last year (increasing with level) and there just isn't this year.

Like you say, there will definitely be overlay and we appreciate that, but it seems like things are quite devalued this year. It may be just my opinion. (Queue someone chiming in and saying, hey it's free don't complain). Except it's not, really.

There's also no difference for these tournaments between Silverstar and Nova, which is somewhat aggravating.

We're not paying for jessica0003's $100,000 are we? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to life post UIGEA Ryan, it will affect all of us whether you are from the United States or not. WSOP is a form of advertising for Pokerstars. This year without direct registrations, most likely a smaller field, its worth a lot less to Stars to send players for free.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to life post UIGEA Ryan, it will affect all of us whether you are from the United States or not. WSOP is a form of advertising for Pokerstars. This year without direct registrations, most likely a smaller field, its worth a lot less to Stars to send players for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, except they arent sending anyone for free. Whatever they lose in giving out the cash they are gaining by us not cashing in the FPPs. There will not be a great overlay in any of these tournies.

For someone who played all April and May getting to platnum in anticipation of some good WSOP VIP freerolls, I am highly dissapointed.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:55 PM

good overlays on these today. I'll probably play in these next week.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:31 PM

Yes, the WSOP promotion is much less than last year. I don't blame Stars for that; the way Harrah's is treating them I wouldn't want to help them out either.

With all due respect, the 10 billion hand promo was sick. So where we lose in one spot, we gain in another.

I'm also hoping Stars does a good promotion for the WCOOP. There was a deposit bonus last year that drew in a bunch of players, and there were tons of fpp satellites for VIP members with overlays. I wouldn't be surprised if Stars was considering expanding the WCOOP with the field sizes it has drawn in previous years. And if they ran a "double fpp" promo during that event it would be incredible.