Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Possible Full Tilt scam - Beware!

my dad called me today cause he was at the final 2 tables of a 69+6 mtt when he got a dealer message saying : "the first two players to log onto this site: "http://promo-fulltiltpoker.com/index.html" will receive a 25000 US dollar award"

so naturally he logged on and it said he was the 2nd visitor and won 25k.

Then it asks for your FT name AND password. (this is where i realized it may be a huge scam) the next page automatically says that your FT account wont accept the funds (makes no sense) and that you must choose your payment option. theres about 5 options that are all normal FT withdrawal options (epass, click2pay, and others)

my dad typed in several credit card #s and got declined and finally got it to accept his click2pay. the site looks UNBELIEVABLY like the real full tilt site so if it is a hacker scam than they did a DAMN GOOD job.

so basically i want to forwarn everyone and feel free to check out that link, but i would advise you NOT to type in your real password. i tried it while typing in the WRONG password and it still took me to the next page (which is another clue that its a scam) so try doing that.

i already emailed FT saying everything i said here and ill post when they respond.