Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Mark Seif responds 1/11/07. Most amusing!

Normally, I hate when attorneys bog down these AP threads fighting over what I perceive to be minutiae, but have any attorneys reviewed Mark and Todd's statements to see if he could be found liable in a civil lawsuit? Marks' statement sounded to me like he is preparing a suit against Todd and I am just wondering if the guy has anything to worry about.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ not resigning b/c the investigation is still "ongoing". ppl cheated. AP admitted they cheated. anyone who cares about his own integrity and of the company he represents would have quit instantly. it is obvious he is more involved with the company than just as a spokesperson

[/ QUOTE ]

this is beyond absurd. mark seif's association with AP is potentially worth 10's of millions. only a complete dumbass would quit.

if he had no part in this scandel why should he suffer.

the only people who should suffer and be imprisoned are those that pulled this off.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with you... it is a bad move short term to leave the cash cow

but in a spokesperson/sponsorship/endorsement role... you are only worth as much as your reputation.. once that goes, so does your 'job' and your chance at future endorsements

maybe he is 100% innocent... but you are only as good as the company you keep... and even if he isnt associated with the actual theft... he is associated with the thieves... at least in the eyes of the public
Old 11-01-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mark seif's association with AP is potentially worth 10's of millions. only someone who cares more about his integety than his short-term income would quit

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-02-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ not resigning b/c the investigation is still "ongoing". ppl cheated. AP admitted they cheated. anyone who cares about his own integrity and of the company he represents would have quit instantly. it is obvious he is more involved with the company than just as a spokesperson

[/ QUOTE ]

this is beyond absurd. mark seif's association with AP is potentially worth 10's of millions. only a complete dumbass would quit.

if he had no part in this scandel why should he suffer.

the only people who should suffer and be imprisoned are those that pulled this off.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, wtf are you talking about? i never said anything about money. i said that anyone who cared about his INTEGRITY would have quit immediately. mark seif obviously does not have any integrity, and doesn't care about his reputation- he's all about the money it looks like. i didn't comment on any monetary loss he would take if he quit- i'm fully aware of that, and that seems like the most likely reason he didn't resign. good to know you'd do the same- you sound like a real stand-up guy
Old 11-02-2007, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ not resigning b/c the investigation is still "ongoing". it is obvious he has lost the rag altogether

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-01-2007, 03:36 PM

How can anyone trust their third party audit? Especially after this guy who has a history of deception is endorsing them. Also Mason offered to send a party of legitimate auditors at his expense and they rejected I believe.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:38 PM

Did he really just make an anology to the Duke rape case?
Old 11-01-2007, 03:49 PM

lolololololol@seif
Old 11-01-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can anyone trust their third party audit? Especially after this guy who has a history of deception is endorsing them. Also Mason offered to send a party of legitimate auditors at his expense and they rejected I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm.... no. Mason wouldn't pay for Absolute's audit.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm.... no. Mason wouldn't pay for Absolute's audit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for clearing this up. Mason did offer to send an auditor though and was rejected correct?