Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2006, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Can\'t Wait for Guitar Hero 2!!! vid included

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome video of Free bird!!! I knew that song would make a great addition!

[/ QUOTE ]

The vocals are sort of painful in this rendition. Any held "r" is just so incredibly wrong. Makes me sad, since I really want to like this franchise.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*Shameless bump*

I wish I had the technical know-how to do this kind of stuff, but I'd probably wind up obsessing over it and flunking out of school!

Guitar Hero hack: China Grove
Crazy Train
Bad Case of Loving You
The Stroke

If they could make it so you could easily upload songs into GH, it'd probably become the greatest game of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

HOW DID THEY DO THAT???
Old 09-28-2006, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If they could make it so you could easily upload songs into GH, it'd probably become the greatest game of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree a guitar hero that allowed users to put in custom songs would be possibly the greatest thing ever. Unfortunately I've given this alot of thought and I doubt it will ever happen (except for the somewhat cheese GH clones for PC that are currently out).

They plan on having 7 guitar hero titles by 2008. A single title with user enterable songs would pretty much eliminate the demand for future games. Looks like the next GH platform will be Xbox 360, so we can hope for hacks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2006, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
\m/

www.scorehero.com - see how good you really are.

(not my site, the guy makes no profit from it anyways)

GH2 demo coming out soon in the October issue of OPM - Official Playstation Magazine. Supposed to have 4 songs. Looking forward to picking this up (and of course the full game in November).

[/ QUOTE ]

scorehero is depressing, as is that video of the guy getting over 450,000 on cowboys from hell.

if i can just get 5 stars on all the expert songs before 2 comes out i will be ecstatic
Old 09-28-2006, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HOW DID THEY DO THAT???

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend of mine knows the guy who does this (he frequents the scorehero irc channel). I've heard it's extremely tedious work. Basically low level coding of the songs in some very cryptic MIDI format. He's also yet to give the songs out to anyone else, probably for (unjust?) fear of a lawsuit.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
scorehero is depressing, as is that video of the guy getting over 450,000 on cowboys from hell.

if i can just get 5 stars on all the expert songs before 2 comes out i will be ecstatic

[/ QUOTE ]

I got all my 5 stars a couple months back. Last few were pretty rough. I haven't been playing much at all the last month or two.. When I was more active I was in the top 50 on expert, top 10 on hard. Fallen a few places by not playing. The expert competition is fierce.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:31 AM

They should have some sort of internet hookup where you can buy songs online once a month or something.

This way we wouldn't have to wait that long between new games, get songs faster, and you could probably request songs eventually.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got all my 5 stars a couple months back. Last few were pretty rough. I haven't been playing much at all the last month or two.. When I was more active I was in the top 50 on expert, top 10 on hard. Fallen a few places by not playing. The expert competition is fierce.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is awesome, and you are my guitar hero. it's getting harder to play seriously because i'm not really improving enough to offset the frustration.

do you have any good prop-bet/hustling stories? i won $5 off a friend when some girl who had never played before beat him by 200 points because he missed a star power. that was the best $5 of my life.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:38 AM

The only guy I know who would take my action in Guitar Hero props is better than me. He's #1 on medium and hard, and in the top 15 on expert.

None of my other friends are even really close, but it's fun for everyone when you're all really drunk.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:42 AM

??? The game isn't out? Guess I played an early version at lollapalooza.