Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Orange box & Team Fortress two beta thread

Whee lets nerf down the game completely and make it look really cartoony and hope that the real community wants to buy it. Thanks for the PSA as I havent been paying attention to whats up w/ it lately but I've thought it looks like garbage for months now and I won't be bothering.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:43 PM

I haven't played a real computer game other than poker in some time now, but I went ahead and plunked down for this. It looks like a pretty good buy.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF, no concs and no grenades? Grenades were the most effective weapon for a lot of classes, conc jumping as a medic, the engineers grenade was beastly. I'll wait to see how they rebalance the classes, but TFC without grenades would be a completely different game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah ok I remember now. And yeah dumbing down and 'nerfing' the chars is going to give it a different feel.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:01 AM

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24784.html
Old 09-15-2007, 04:19 AM

Am I an awful person if I already own HL2 on PC (but neither of the two episodes) but want to get Orange Box on 360 just because I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] my 50" HDTV that much? Will the PC gamers here forgive me, or am I forever banished to being a console fanboy? I'll still play Civilization, I promise.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:03 AM

I have to agree that this isn't really going to be the old TF that I used to know and love. The thing is these things are always changing. I played QWTF and it was the nuts. TFC was a great little conversion but failed to capture the feel of the QW version for me, and for most who played the QW version heavily. However those who never played the QW version seemed to love it.

I'm going to give this new version a chance, even if it is a bit different to what we've played before. It might be great, it might be poor. Those gameplay videos in the first post really did get me enthusiastic to play though, whereas the gameplay trailers for Fortress Forever with the scout concussion jumping accross the entire level just made me groan. I mean is that really the sort of crap we want to preserve?

As to playing it on the 360 - heresy! I'm sure it will look great on a 50" HDTV though.

I had preloaded the entire game a couple of days ago, but it seems to be updating again today. Roll on Monday and some fortress action! Lets hope we get some good levels, 2fort, well and rock were my favorites.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I an awful person if I already own HL2 on PC (but neither of the two episodes) but want to get Orange Box on 360 just because I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] my 50" HDTV that much? Will the PC gamers here forgive me, or am I forever banished to being a console fanboy? I'll still play Civilization, I promise.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir are forgiven.. Im in the same exact boat as you, sans 50" [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] seriously though, I do little to no gaming on the PC anymore.. the consoles are where its at!
Old 09-15-2007, 08:34 PM

Orange Box on PC for me, but I have a 30" dell so I might be tempted to play it on xbox if my monitor were smaller or my plasma (42") significantly larger.

Personally I really like the consoles now, but I will probably still always play shooters on the PC for controls, especially if they have a significant multiplayer component.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they took out all grenades and conc jumping [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
So, it's going to suck balls [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I loved TFC.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:51 PM

please to be releasing beta today?