Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: One month into summer, with pics

[ QUOTE ]
I would be interested in more specifics. especially about calorie consumption, how do u maintain something that will work over multi-month timescale that is not too harsh but still provides basis for fat reduction along with serious exercise?

nice work, btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the beginning of summer I was eating around 6-7 meals per day, now I'm down around 3-4. Some may argue this is bad, that I should be eating more, but I think it's working perfect. Here is a typical week, and I'll lay out my diet.

Monday- Wake up around 11am-12. Cook 5 egg whites with assorted veggies like peppers, mushrooms, spinach.

around 2-3pm I will go run my 3 miles. Immediately after I will have a protein shake, which is about 100 cals, with 25 grams of protein. Or wait a little, and have something like a sliced chicken sandwich on wheat bread, depending on how I feel

5pm-7pm is submission grappling and muay thai. I get home about 730-745, and I will have the other half of the protein shake, 100 cals, 25g of protein. Then, about exactly an hour after I do the protein shake it's dinner, this monday I had a chicken breast, a whole zucchini, cooked both, and once they were done put some lite pasta sauce on them.

Tuesday wake up around 10 again, 1 cup high protein/high fiber cereal, 1 thing of yogurt.

11am-12 workout. Chest and back.

1230- full protein shake, 200 cals, 50g of protein

around 330. I'll do a sliced chicken sandwich (make sure you get this from a deli, as opposed to the packaged [censored])

430 or so, do my 3 mile run, do some abs, punch a punching bag, jump rope, w/e.

anywhere from 730-830 It's dinner, lets say 2 pieces of tilapia (seasoned) and different veggies.

Those are examples of days where I just either workout, or do MMA. If I happen to both I will end up eating a lot more.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thremp, "dry" muscle tissue. I get big and puffed when I'm on creatine, but most of that is water in the cells.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i've heard different ranges for actual muscle tissue increase...but with any non-fat weight gain there will be some combo of muscle, increased glycogen stores, and water...not sure what the common ratios are...
Old 07-12-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thremp, "dry" muscle tissue. I get big and puffed when I'm on creatine, but most of that is water in the cells.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF does that mean? Like if we turned someone into beef jerky?
Old 07-29-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF does that mean? Like if we turned someone into beef jerky?

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Beef Jerky
Old 07-29-2007, 07:20 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a spoil-sport, but it is essentially impossible to gain lean muscle mass faster than 1-1.5lbs/month. Good work nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Why would 1-1.5 lbs of muscle a month be the limit for muscle gain? Beginners or intermediates especially can surpass that number.

I think that the OP is doing well with his program. The only thing that I would do is to start lifting more times a week and cut down on the jogging.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:39 AM

edit
Old 08-08-2007, 12:21 AM

8/8/07 Update with some pics

From here on out I've decided not to weigh myself. I think I'm getting frustrated because I'm not losing as much as I thought I would, but as from the pics you can tell I look pretty good.

Still dieting, doing everything the same, and got a full month left of it.

My logic behind not weighing myself is that I don't walk around with the weight listed above my head. If I look good, and feel good, I will be happy, and I don't want to get frustrated, just lose the rest of this gut, and still continue to live a healthier lifestyle, also I think I may have hit a "weight plateau" and not get below 205, but just continue to turn the fat I have into muscle.

Any thoughts comments would be GREAT.....

I'm starting a sprinting routine this week prolly because I'm getting bored with distance. It's becoming to easy. Will update in 2 weeks again.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:38 AM

I don't see the gut you're talking about but i'm guessing you're sucking it in. good steady progress is evident regardless of what the scale is saying. keep at it, good work
Old 08-08-2007, 02:49 AM

keep up the good work
Old 08-09-2007, 06:36 AM

Nice work.

There is no need to weigh yourself all the time. When Im trying to drop weight I weigh myself every two weeks, under the exact same conditions. For me this means wake up, run, Sauna. That way there is minimal water weight.

Also I take measurements. I've dropped an inch off my waist before while my weight didn't fluctuate +/- 3 pounds.