Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: *October TLB 2 Player Teams Contest* Interest Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I would be down for this although being someone with a job it is going to be very hard for us working folks to compete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to say that challenges like these aren't exactly intended for casual players. He's looking at hosting a competition that entails each team playing hundreds of tournaments within a one month time frame in order to get him playing on a regular schedule again. Obviously, anyone with a job would have a hard time with that kind of schedule, which leads me to think it's geared more towards grinders, pros and degens.

[/ QUOTE ]Whatever. If a guy wants to put up the money, he can play. AMIRITE?
Old 09-10-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I would be down for this although being someone with a job it is going to be very hard for us working folks to compete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to say that challenges like these aren't exactly intended for casual players. He's looking at hosting a competition that entails each team playing hundreds of tournaments within a one month time frame in order to get him playing on a regular schedule again. Obviously, anyone with a job would have a hard time with that kind of schedule, which leads me to think it's geared more towards grinders, pros and degens.

[/ QUOTE ]Whatever. If a guy wants to put up the money, he can play. AMIRITE?

[/ QUOTE ]

URRITE?
Old 09-10-2007, 08:41 PM

hay guys, glad to see this will probably be a success [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. Went over the thread, and made some changes.

-Pokerstars and Full Tilt Poker (these are EASILY the biggest two MTT sites, most entrants, fattest prize pools, etc., so no bitching)

-Results will be posted every week throughout the month, and data will be collected from thepokerdb (so make sure you are OPTED-IN) (anyone interested in doing this? haha, ill be too tired from playing)

-Using Pokerstars TLB system

Points = 10 * [sqrt(n)/sqrt(k)] * [1+log(b+0.25)]
Where:
n is the number of entrants
k is the place of finish (k=1 for the first-place finisher, and so on)
b is the buy-in amount in dollars (excluding administrative fee).

-Two Tiers, $200 per team and $1000 per team. You have to enter both tiers if you want in the $1kteam, so it's really $600 each. (like the $4/180 challenge, will probably be using the same payout structre as well). A $1k team will probably scoop but you can still make decent TLB under $50 buyins (for the $200teams). If there is no demand for the $200 I just may get rid of it (would like everyone to be able to enter)

-Any tournament that thepokerdb lists is eligible. I notice 180 mans from stars appear but 180 man from FTP don't... anyone know what's up with that?

-Top 25 scores for each person COUNT, so if your partner is slacking, shoulda choose a better partner, so 50 scores from each team, top 25 cashes from each) [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

everything look good guys? also I don't really like the idea for 3 person teams, but next time maybe.

ps i am partnerless for the time, keeping my options open though. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2007, 08:43 PM

tempted.

depends how i feel about cash v mtt at the end of the month
Old 09-10-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any tournament that thepokerdb lists is eligible. I notice 180 mans from stars appear but 180 man from FTP don't... anyone know what's up with that?

-Top 25 scores for each person COUNT, so if your partner is slacking, shoulda choose a better partner, so 50 scores from each team, top 25 cashes from each) [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

everything look good guys? also I don't really like the idea for 3 person teams, but next time maybe.

ps i am partnerless for the time, keeping my options open though. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]I assume sats don't count, right?

I also am partnerless [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2007, 09:12 PM

small chance id be interested if wcoop doesnt burn me out and i wouldnt be required to play micros
Old 09-10-2007, 09:46 PM

Quite possible I'll play, will depend a bit on how much university work I have...
Old 09-10-2007, 09:55 PM

I have some thoughts on how to run a good one of these chess (tweaking some scoring) and will likely be in to play as well... Team Emo?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have some thoughts on how to run a good one of these chess (tweaking some scoring) and will likely be in to play as well... Team Emo?

[/ QUOTE ]

honest question

you play poker still?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

honest question

you play poker still?

[/ QUOTE ]
Haven't been playing much lately.. just here and there, willing to buckle down and play a lot for one of these though. Will be playing a lot live in the coming months too, starting in Nov for the most part though.