Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Nashville for 2 days, what\'s for dinner?

How many people? Guessing 2, you might barely exceed $50, but won't exceed $75 (excluding drinks), at Merchant's. It's on Broadway and one of my go-to places.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:12 PM

Just me...up here for training.

Thanks for all the suggestions...

I'm thinking def BBQ b/c FFK doesn't eat BBQ so that essentially means I don't eat BBQ.

Def going to Hog Heaven.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:28 PM

Chair,

Completely off topic--don't tell FFK I told you, but there's a REALLY hot chick that works at Hog Heaven too. I've seen her there a few times recently, she's worth the trip by herself. It's so damn out of place. Most guys working there are what you'd expect to be working in a cinderblock BBQ place directly adjacent to a McDonald's drivethrough with a screened in porch for a dining area---and then there is this really hot girl working there. Anyone else from Nashville seen her there?

And, if you're going to Hog Heaven, you really should stop in at Springwater. Nashville's best dive bar, live music every night.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chair,

Completely off topic--don't tell FFK I told you, but there's a REALLY hot chick that works at Hog Heaven too. I've seen her there a few times recently, she's worth the trip by herself. It's so damn out of place. Most guys working there are what you'd expect to be working in a cinderblock BBQ place directly adjacent to a McDonald's drivethrough with a screened in porch for a dining area---and then there is this really hot girl working there. Anyone else from Nashville seen her there?

And, if you're going to Hog Heaven, you really should stop in at Springwater. Nashville's best dive bar, live music every night.

[/ QUOTE ]

*cough*
Old 03-21-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never been to Nashville but http://yelp.com is a lot better than citysearch for stuff like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is awesome. I've been hating citysearch and the its uptight, ignorant reviews. Thanks for the new site!
Old 03-21-2007, 05:01 PM

Dammit, busted.

LOL EMBARASSED
Old 03-21-2007, 08:19 PM

OTB - def no hot girl...unless by hot you meant grizzled old man and hippy-cashier/server.

Short-TR...

Arrived just before closing (7pm wtf!!!) phewwwwwww. Got 1 lbs of the pulled pork, 1 small thing of hot-BBQ sauce and 1 of xhot-BBQ, 1 pint of special white-BBQ sauce. It came with a cup of pickles...nice touch...total ~$15 or 16.

The meat is WOW.
The white-BBQ is WOW.
The hot and xhot are v. MEH (take that with a grain of salt b/c I am a huge fan of vinegar-based sauce and this is v. tomato-based)

Meat + whiteBBQ + xhotBBQ = ultimate combo

sorry no pics.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:27 PM

AEKDB,

If you are in town and looking to go out tomorrow night and like live music Fuel on 2nd is a pretty low key nice place to hang out. Also, the Tin Roof is pretty awesome as well but thats on Demonbreun along with some other cool bars and such. I may be out at Fuel tomorrow night so who knows.

X
Old 03-22-2007, 02:02 AM

If you eat at the Boundary, I recommend the ostrich.

Monell's is the [censored] for home cookin'.

You also need to try Sam's Sushi (the sushi nazi) downtown for lunch. Best prices on sushi anywhere.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:33 PM

UPDATE: back in Nashville for a 2 day stint. Just grabbed

http://www.fatmos.com/

Fat Mo's Deluxe Burger (Over 16oz.)
All Burgers Served with: Mustard, Mayonnaise, Ketchup, Pickles, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onions
Deluxe ALSO Include: Grilled Onions & Mushrooms, Bacon, B-B-Q Sauce, & Jalapenos

something like this (but only 2 patties)

apparently there are many locations...I went to the "Nashville - Franklin Rd." location. This place looks like the restroom building at a public park in the ghetto with a not-fresh coat of paint and a drive-up window. I am partial to dook-holes with great food...due to fond memories as a kid and this awesome hotdog joint on UNCG campus (Yum-Yum's ice cream)

anyways, the food was awesome! The place had a good pepper rub on the burger and combined with the jalepeno peppers it had some good heat. It was a real messy ordeal and not ideal for dates or white gloves. Only improvements would be a tad more mayo, toasted bun (to slow down the sog-factor), and a little closer to medium rare. In all fairness, I did have a 20 minute drive back to my hotel before I could break it open and go to town.