Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How funny was the trip report?
literally ROFL funny 0 0%
Very funny 21 16.54%
plain funny 46 36.22%
neither funny nor unfunny 15 11.81%
not funny 17 13.39%
more sad than funny 6 4.72%
YSSKY I want the time to read the post back. 22 17.32%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2006, 02:41 PM

Default Re: How would you rate FTP\'s fraud department?

I put 0, cause im actually scared to play there. People get their accounts locked for months on end, and then they only get answers from full tilt once they complain on 2+2, seriously wtf is that
Old 12-03-2006, 02:55 PM

For those who think FTP should have an answer on a locked account in a week or two, do you really understand how long it takes to prove an account has been involved in fraud?

They first make any cashout pending, then do some work to assure that there are no questionable actions on the account. It there are, the account is red-flagged and additional work is done.

In this last case, each player who lost to the player trying to cash out $14K had their account viewed - and that's probably 100+ players. Every deposit for each of these players was looked at, and then hand histories were looked at.

With a small staff, how long do you think this takes?

Perhaps 8-9 weeks is a long time, but you never read about this long time period from non-fraudsters, do you?

Oh yeah, and anybody who thinks FTP should do more for this cheater, or for the 2+2 community - forget it. They know they are right, they explained why, and they are done. Don't expect Doug to offer anything more, especially hand histories. They have their own "experts" to view them, they don't need a bunch of 2+2'er who think they too are experts going over every line to give their opinions.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2006, 03:37 PM

do you really think the lines of communication would have been this poor or that this would have taken nearly as long if this had happened on Stars?
Old 12-03-2006, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tell me what site is better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Stars
Old 12-03-2006, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I put 0, cause im actually scared to play there. People get their accounts locked for months on end, and then they only get answers from full tilt once they complain on 2+2, seriously wtf is that

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what FTP should be concerned about. If people are actually staying away from FTP because of their fears, then FTP has a serious problem.

FTP fraud might in reality be a pretty fair and solid department, but if the perception of them is low, then that FTP needs to do something to increase people's opinion of them. Hopefully FTPDoug takes a look at this thread. If so, maybe FTPDoug could give us an idea of what the fraud department is doing to increase their perception of them.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:20 PM

I do agree with this and I believe it's clear that people are using this as a reason to stay away.

I've PM'ed with 2 2+2'ers who have mentioned similar to me (that the site seems somewhat shady and it is really turning them off) and that they don't think they will be playing there.

Before I was on this 'shadyness' bandwagon I had stopped playing there anyway due to software issues. But was always open to returning and was thinking about doing so if there were fewer reports of disconnects there.

FTPDoug's openness and professionalism on this forum was a big reason why. as well as the reports of all the fish that have apparently migrated there from Party.

But now I'm going to wait for them to get their act together somewhat on some of the other stuff before I even consider returning.

This isn't to say that I would have returned to play there anyway. I'm pretty happy on the other sites I'm playing currently.

But if FT wants players like me to have even just a 25% chance of returning instead of a near 0% chance then I think they need to address the disconnect and fraud-department issues post-haste.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:02 AM

I don't see how anyone on here is qualified to answer this. You would actually have to work in the department in order to know how many cases are looked at, what the exact criteria are, investigation procedures, etc. You also have to keep in mind, that like any self-reported survey, those with strong opinions are going to be over-represented. No one is going to start a thread saying "there was a minor misunderstanding but it was cleared up in a few hours," which probably represents the vast majority of cases.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how anyone on here is qualified to answer this. You would actually have to work in the department in order to know how many cases are looked at, what the exact criteria are, investigation procedures, etc. You also have to keep in mind, that like any self-reported survey, those with strong opinions are going to be over-represented. No one is going to start a thread saying "there was a minor misunderstanding but it was cleared up in a few hours," which probably represents the vast majority of cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is less about reality and more about perception. Presumably FTP cares about its perception. If perception is low, then a company ought to take it seriously. If nothing else, it ought to work on its public relations.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:13 AM

After all these threads Ftp clearly cannot be trusted, The only sites with integrity I beleive are Pokerstars and Bodog.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After all these threads Ftp clearly cannot be trusted, The only sites with integrity I beleive are Pokerstars and Bodog.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bodog??? There have been some complaints about them as well. Here is an example of one:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...3650&page=