Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2006, 04:00 PM

Default Re: General Question involving bankroll and paying off fish.

[ QUOTE ]
my bankroll isn't quite big enough for .50/1 (350-400$'s atm)

[/ QUOTE ]
400 is good for 0.05/0.1
Old 10-07-2006, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isaw2, I have that PokerTracker problem you have, namely using a different OS than Windows (I use Linux). Would be nice if anyone replys with non-windows PokerTracker software [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
For linux, you might give Cedega a try and use PT with postgres db. I haven't tried that myself, but typically most win apps can be run with cedega.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:39 PM

Money is just a tool that you use to play poker. So regardless of stakes, you should be thinking of correct poker. This 'I dont care about a 30 cents raise, but I do care about $4' is flat wrong. IMO if you're thinking of the money involved when you play instead of playing correct poker, you are playing too high.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:06 PM

Thinking about poker this way will lose you some big pots and significantly decrease your edge.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Isaw2, I have that PokerTracker problem you have, namely using a different OS than Windows (I use Linux). Would be nice if anyone replys with non-windows PokerTracker software [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
For linux, you might give Cedega a try and use PT with postgres db. I haven't tried that myself, but typically most win apps can be run with cedega.

[/ QUOTE ]

PT does work with Crossover or Cedega. I've set it up and use it to some extent- even with the Access backend. My problem is that the Java inteface for PokerRoom which works with Linux, doesn't save hand histories, so I have to do it manually, which I often skip.

I may break down and buy a cheap windows box just for poker.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol I didnt say I was making Fancy plays just I think I might be expecting them too much. Too often have I seen such bad play that I find it hard to give respect where it's due.

I agree with the point about the raise in stakes and there isn't a chance i'd play anything less than .25/.50. I wouldnt see the point.

I use Mac OS is there any sort of poker tracker that I can use with this, or am I keeping using my spreadsheet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play on a mac. Here are some comments and questions.

1. macpokerpro is a dog, it sucks all the processing power out of your computer and causes crashes after an hour long session. It kills me to report this, as I would love to recommend it, but I can't.
2. How the hell are you playing on PP with OSX?
3. If you have a new mac with an intel chip, run dual boot, install XP and then you the best of both worlds-OSX for everything nonpoker and windows for poker (and PT and PAH).
4. If you don't mind depositing more money if you bust out, then the bankroll management issues are not a problem. Bankroll means the total amount of money you have/could have dedicated for poker. It doesn't mean how much you have on one site at one time. Figure out how much you have as a bankroll and play using that number following the standard guidelines.