Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Future of the MMB forum discussion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Evan... [censored] You!!!

You have no clue what it means to be a Mod... and you disrespect this community of posters... Posters drive traffic... you took a quiet growing forum and riled it up... and are pushing out the best posters... that didn't take long.

Just to be clear... Unlike the Mod additions in TLDR and Finance, I do not support Mat's decision to put Meb and Evan as Mods of MMB... however, considering the intent to shut this forum's traffic down with the impending upgrade... does it really matter how badly they screw this forum up?... maybe that was the idea...

Oh and Evan... I was a better Mod than you could ever dream of being...

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan was an excellent mod in SS back in the day. One could say his tenure was better than you could ever dream of your own as being.

Also, I have no idea how Evan is riling up and pushing out the best posters ... it seems pretty clear to me that this policy is coming from above his head, and has been the official policy at 2+2 for some time now. Perhaps if you had correctly enforced it (both here and in the finance forum) during your term as mod, posters would have no reason to get annoyed at the change and threaten to leave, and maybe you'd still be in charge. But you're not, so STFU.

[/ QUOTE ]
STFU AND GTFO
SNIPER 4 MOD!!!
Even though I don't post here all that often I can definately see how almost every poster dislikes the choice made by 2+2. Sniper did an awesome job modding and we need him back. I also learned a lot from looking at other peoples sites to compare to mine for what thats worth.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's pretty clear to me that the regulars here would like to have the link rule changed and Mat Sklansky is open to the possibility of doing so, however Evan seems to clearly be pushing for his way of structuring this forum instead of listening to what the people want and working from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the day Mat Sklansky says we can allow personal links we will. In the mean time Evan and I are both more interested in trying to find ways to help this forum grow without the need for personal links. Also, we are working with the admins to try to find a way (such as a screenshot) that posters would be able to show other posters what their sites look like without linking.

At present we are merely trying to make the forum the best it can be given the rules of 2+2. If you guys actually cared about making the forum good, I would think you would want to as well.

p.s. If you all are willing to attempt to work with evan and I, there is probably a much greater chance of keeping this forum active rather than it getting shut down in a couple weeks.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:15 PM

Sniper,

I would prefer to PM this to you, but I can't since your PM box is full, so.......

It's really not surprising that you're up in arms over mods actually enforcing the rules of 2+2 and going with what Mat says seeing how part of the reason you were de-modded was your refusal to do so.

If you have a real problem with the way Evan and I moderate this forum make a post about it in ATF. Any future attacking posts of the sort you just made will not be tolerated in this forum.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:17 PM

We want Sniper and not you. This makes me stay up late hours of the night crying and crying. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We want Sniper and not you. This makes me stay up late hours of the night crying and crying. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not going to happen, so repeatedly posting this is unconstructive. I am currently posting in the mod forum trying to work out a compromise so that you guys are able to still discuss your websites and not go against 2+2 rules.

If you wanna just keep making unconstructive complaints, then fine, the forum will most likely end up getting shut down as was planned. If you wanna try to make this forum great within the rules that would have been in place from the beginning with a competent mod and keep this forum alive, then we would appreciate it if you would give us a chance to get this worked out and try to work along with us.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have a real problem with the way Evan and I moderate this forum make a post about it in ATF. Any future attacking posts of the sort you just made will not be tolerated in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

this original discussion was started in ATF and was doing quite well there. for some reason Evan requested the topic be brought to MMB.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:09 AM

Jesus, some of you guys are unbelievably petty and seem more interested in posting inane crap than having any real discussion. I am tired so I'm not going to post any more right now. I'll deal with this stuff tomorrow.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sniper, I would prefer to PM this to you, but I can't since your PM box is full, so.......

[/ QUOTE ]

My Email is readily available... Evan found it easy enough... I'm sure you can too... and MEb, you could also PM me on the Test server...

[ QUOTE ]
It's really not surprising that you're up in arms over mods actually enforcing the rules of 2+2 and going with what Mat says seeing how part of the reason you were de-modded was your refusal to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly have no idea why I was demodded... it had nothing to do with not doing what Mat wanted. If anything, you should examine your own actions in that regard.

If you were really interested in my thoughts, you would review the Let's get organized thread that was started when I was added to MMB as Mod at the end of last year.

You would also know that the Forum Project threads (one example) were started under Ryan's watch... a Smart Mod can tell the difference between true SPAM (many SPAM posts have been deleted from this forum), Affiliate Links (many Links have been edited out), and a poster looking for help in getting started in Internet Marketing.

I think its fair to say that I took far more Mod action in this forum in 2 months, than all my other Mod actions across other forums combined over the roughly 15 months that I was a Mod.

You want to bring other content into the forum... great... but, there is no reason to put down current posters!

Traffic had been increasing under my short watch here, and there are quite a few very useful threads in the forum.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan asked that this discussion be in here, rather than in ATF.

If you attack me, I will defend... get over it already... at this point your rediculous attacks, with no basis in fact, are just counterproductive!
Old 03-24-2007, 05:31 AM

Evan and others,

I'm not interested in the sidetracked crap in this thread so I'll just quickly say that I am extremely supportive of turning the focus of this forum to real entrepreneurial concerns.

Since it seems like so many people are interested in the adsense stuff, maybe separate forums would actually be better, but I don't know enough about the traffic, interest, etc to have a valuable opinion.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:21 AM

I don't see why there should be separated forums. After all MM&B covers it all up nicely and here is not so much traffic that it is impossible to filter the uninteresting threads (something that after merger with finance would prolly change imo). And I love to read about "real world" business experience, here.

@MEbenhoe, Evan
Sniper did a great job when he was mod of MMB. He deleted all the spam- and affiliate-threads and kept the rest of the threads open for discussions. This forum was getting better and growing under him. Right now the two of you just said you have some neat ideas and want to make this forum better. I believe you, but 'till now all you did is to enforce a rule that stirred up a lot of dust because most of the posters here disagree with you and think it is stupid.

My point is: could you please stop this little catfight (this goes to sniper, too. obv) and start to actually do something to make this forum better? You said you have ideas, so let's see 'em.
Closed Thread