Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Must view for U.S. citizens.......JIM ROGERS says raise interest rates

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do find it interesting, though, how everyone is now an expert on economic policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about Ron Paul? He has been all over the Federal Reserve his entire political career. He knows more about economics than the rest of the congress combined.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm talking about 99% of the people in this forum.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Must view for U.S. citizens.......JIM ROGERS says raise interest r

cat, rogers is real good but he is a bear mostly. but he sees out to far in advance and predicts those problems now. he gets it right but it takes a long time for it to happen.
i have followed his stuff for many years. and read his book investment biker on the road to get a real feel for how his mind works. it works well.
i value his foreign stock picks and exclude his u.s. ones.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Must view for U.S. citizens.......JIM ROGERS says raise interest rates

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do find it interesting, though, how everyone is now an expert on economic policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about Ron Paul? He has been all over the Federal Reserve his entire political career. He knows more about economics than the rest of the congress combined.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't take an "expert" to see what's happening right in front of your nose. A tanking dollar, $82 oil, flying wheat prices, and $700 gold doesn't need a rocket surgeon to know is bad.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Must view for U.S. citizens.......JIM ROGERS says raise interest r

Ron Paul is really one of the few people in the public eye that gets it, and says it.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't take an "expert" to see what's happening right in front of your nose. A tanking dollar, $82 oil, flying wheat prices, and $700 gold doesn't need a rocket surgeon to know is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO

Great time to be purchasing precious metals and quality Iowa farmland.

Complete no-brainer at this time.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:30 AM

metals can be sold quickly, farmland cant in anything but a rising market. even then its tough to get your price. high fuel costs take a big toll on farming which impacts sales of land.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
metals can be sold quickly, farmland cant in anything but a rising market. even then its tough to get your price. high fuel costs take a big toll on farming which impacts sales of land.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, one is making 4-7% renting their farmland to farmers........with very little hassles that are associated with apartments/condos/houses.

Farmland has appreciated at 5% a year on average for the last many, many years...........and though one can experience ups and downs, it is a great investment longterm..........and been great for anyone that has purchased land in the last 3-38 months, something I've been recommending here and on other forums during that timespan.

Plus, there are all the great intagibles of owning farmland in this country, no matter where it may be at and that is you own a piece of Americana to the highest degree.........and something one can be proud to own.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Ron Paul's a complete loon when it comes to economic policy. Kind of like Steve Forbes but only a lot worse. Gold standards, no income tax, deregulate everything, etc, etc.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Ron Paul's a complete loon when it comes to economic policy. Kind of like Steve Forbes but only a lot worse. Gold standards, no income tax, deregulate everything, etc, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be a loon too because I believe the individual acting in his own self interests results in more effecient allocation of resources than governemnt taking our money and spending it to win votes while devaluing our curency and making us less competitive.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be a loon too because I believe the individual acting in his own self interests results in more effecient allocation of resources than governemnt taking our money and spending it to win votes while devaluing our curency and making us less competitive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barter economy is certainly known for its astounding efficiency.