Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 07:05 PM

Default Re: FT-NL100 6MAX----Put him on a set or two pair

Why min raise? Much less fold equity if CO or SB has TP or something. Make a 3x raise, and as toffer said this makes your play later easier.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the 50/50 part is important. This problem is a perfect illustration of the value of FE.

Here you are _just_ even money and _don't_ have any FE whatsoever. Do you *call* 150BB with an EV=0 50%/50% shot like this? (Or, AKs vs JJ preflop) I don't. When I'm pooshing 150BB it's with an edge, either from hitting the board or knowing I have good FE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres dead money, so gettign in as 50/50 is +ev.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your min-raise on the flop makes it a closer decision than it should be.

When the action gets back to you on the flop, there's $90 in the pot, and it costs you $120 to put SB all-in. So, you're betting $120 to win $180, or getting 3:2 odds.

Given the action, I think SB almost always has a set, which would makes your push EV neutral, since the pokerstove analysis posted by AE6 above shows you have 40% equity. There's a chance he has 2 pair here as well, so I agree with your push here.

But, my point is, if you had made a real raise on the flop (to $35-40), then the push decision is much easier, since it would clearly be right. The pot would be bigger, and it would cost you less to put the SB all-in.

I don't see why you would want to make a min-raise there anyway. What was your reasoning?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...I never expected to get called or even raised behind me so I was a bit lost what to do when that happened.

I had raised the initial raiser pot sized bets several times on flops when either I hit or I thought he was cbeting overcards that missed...and everytime he folded so I figured with my hand I got confused about should I just call or raise, my timer was running down...so i panicked and hit the auto raise minibetting him...figuring it was the same as calling except the pot would be slightly bigger. I don't think I had miniraised at the table ever prior to this.

Once I was 3bet I was like ughhh...and thought my hand was pretty strong so I couldnt fold but not sure what to do.
and to be honest I've read so many posts where 2+2ers have OPSFD and they're always like push push push. So I think that overtook my thinking and I thought I had to push or fold...

Cliff Notes
Was totally unprepared for Villians 3bet and got confused so ended up pushing.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:29 AM

obv I'll never miniraise again

but curious about villians play...shouldn't he be betting more?
He basically just mini raised me...not even knowing if the orginal raiser might call.

He had a set of 5's...so given that, for my own info...
how much do u raise?
or do u just push?
Old 10-18-2006, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But, my point is, if you had made a real raise on the flop (to $35-40), then the push decision is much easier, since it would clearly be right. The pot would be bigger, and it would cost you less to put the SB all-in.

[/ QUOTE ] ok you raise to 35 or 40 then the sb is pushing over that right? so then whats our play? Easy call?
Old 10-18-2006, 02:11 AM

When the betting got back to the SB, there was $41 in the pot and he had $132 in his stack. A push is too much of an overbet. A PSR is $80, while $65 would be enough to put the CO all-in. I'd bet somewhere between $65-80.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:42 AM

Sorry about the delay. I just saw your post now.

Yes, it's an easy call if the SB pushes over our $35 raise. Pot would be about $180 and it would cost us about $100 to call. Easy call at 1.8:1 odds.