Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Card flipped on accident... SOSA?

It was a card the player definitely wanted to keep. He flipped it accidentally on his own during the deal of the first card, and had an "oh crap" look on his face. I glanced back and was pretty sure I didn't do it (as it'd be a misdeal), and the BB verified the player did it after the fact. I just sort of looked the other way and continued the deal. Some dealers playing in the game were grumbling about SOSA, but I ignored them and moved the hand along. Only a couple of people saw it, and a one who saw it ignored when the SOSA advocates asked (for his own advantage, and probably to help the guy not suffer more). I figured there was little point in punishing someone when we didn't even know who was in the hand.

He mucked midway through. Should I have taken his hand then and exposed it to the rest of the players, on the chance one of them had seen it? That didn't occur to me, but I also wanted to treat it as it never have happened, and exposing it then probably just opens it up for people to be upset. Move on, nothing to see here, etc.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:07 PM

Show One, Show All.

not

Accidentally flash a card because you have the dexterity of a drunken aardvark, Show All.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The exposed card is shown to the other players and is then used as the burn card.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-16-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To clarify the RULE at CAZ:
If the card is revealed through no fault of the player, then the card is exposed to all players and replaced.
If revealed by fault of the player, they must keep the card, but they are NOT obligated to expose it any further. SOSA applies only when a card is intentionally exposed to another player.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an unfair advantage to the person(s) who got to see the exposed card and have more information in the hand. Bad rule. SOSA.

If the person(s) that saw it do not proceed in the hand, then SOSA would/should not be applied until the hand was over.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Show One, Show All.

not

Accidentally flash a card because you have the dexterity of a drunken aardvark, Show All.

[/ QUOTE ]

Robert's Rule:

[ QUOTE ]
6. Show one, show all. Players are entitled to receive equal access to information about the contents of another player’s hand. After a deal, if cards are shown to another player, every player at the table has a right to see those cards. During a deal, cards that were shown to an active player who might have a further wagering decision on that betting round must immediately be shown to all the other players. If the player who saw the cards is not involved in the deal, or cannot use the information in wagering, the information should be withheld until the betting is over, so it does not affect the normal outcome of the deal. Cards shown to a person who has no more wagering decisions on that betting round, but might use the information on a later betting round, should be shown to the other players at the conclusion of that betting round. If only a portion of the hand has been shown, there is no requirement to show any of the unseen cards. The shown cards are treated as given in the preceding part of this rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bolded the key point. It doesn't matter if it was on purpose or not.