Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: 1000NL - So I take a shot!

maybe ur the massive fish...i dont know
Old 10-18-2007, 04:27 PM

u should have figured this out before you even bet the river. i actually like your line though, and now i'd call.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
u should have figured this out before you even bet the river. i actually like your line though, and now i'd call.

[/ QUOTE ]

to be honest, I really wasn't expecting to be checkraised at all. So unfortunately I didn't really think about it in advance. I totally froze up, timed down, and ran out of time before I could figure out wtf I was up against [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].
Old 10-18-2007, 04:41 PM

I think key to this hand is what the SB knows about/ thinks about the fish.
Someone with those stats obv stands out to any decent reg and they are more likely to play hand in weird ways...
He lead could easily be a ten trying to figure out where he is at and maximize value from the fish. Or a set that knows fish will peel light

His turn check is interesting if he has one of these hands. i would think that he would normally bet again for value from the fish with either a ten (considering the now draw heavy nature of the board) or boat considering how light he peels (although for him he could be worried about scaring you off). But overall I don't think it makes too too much sense to check those hands unless he thinks fish is over-aggro and will bet, but from your description (and stats) I think that he would think that the fish is more likely to call than bet himself.

So his turn check doesn't really make sense with hands that beat you. i think the most likely scenario is that once you bet the river LAG is fairly certain what you have and that he can blow you off it. He probably has some medium pocket that he decided to turn into a bluff. Sorry for the novel but all in all I call.

Cliff notes: I call
Old 10-18-2007, 05:28 PM

this is an easy call... the fish is in the hand which is why he knows he can lead a pretty wide range. i think with the fish in there he would value bet any hand good enough to shove with. he can't expect you to be value betting most of the time given your line and with a big hand he loses way too much value vs a fish.

now that you've played your hand basically face up and the fish is no longer a problem, he knows you don't have a monster and turns either a draw or a weak made hand into a bluff. i'd call without giving it too much thought based on the way the hand played out.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:33 PM

Agree with Mr. C
Old 10-18-2007, 05:42 PM

oh yeah cliff's notes to my post: umm, exactly what mr. c said. haha. posted just after =)
Old 10-18-2007, 06:28 PM

ok sick, I guess I won't be playing 5/10 again for quite some time [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

thanks for the replies guys.