Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Part 9 & 10 & 11

Fantastic report. I live near Wisconsin Dells but have only made the TL trip once.

We got there a half hour late for the tourney, but I did well in the cash game.

My big moment was stacking some guy's KK with AA by overbetting preflop by like $250 since it was obvious he'd call. The only problem was that in the ensuing raucus stacking of chips the action came to me and without looking I said "Oh, I'll just call..." Problem was (I was in seat 1) I didn't see the guy push all in for his last $40 on the other side of the table. Crowning acheivement down the drain... until I outflopped him with my T8o vs AKs. Phew. On top of it the KK guy from last hand said "Ah, I was going to call! I had pocket twos!" I love live games.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fantastic report. I live near Wisconsin Dells but have only made the TL trip once.

We got there a half hour late for the tourney, but I did well in the cash game.

My big moment was stacking some guy's KK with AA by overbetting preflop by like $250 since it was obvious he'd call. The only problem was that in the ensuing raucus stacking of chips the action came to me and without looking I said "Oh, I'll just call..." Problem was (I was in seat 1) I didn't see the guy push all in for his last $40 on the other side of the table. Crowning acheivement down the drain... until I outflopped him with my T8o vs AKs. Phew. On top of it the KK guy from last hand said "Ah, I was going to call! I had pocket twos!" I love live games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, it was a fun time. The 1/2 game there is incredibly soft, as I am sure that you know. It is like the limit games at Canterbury which the say is the only place where "the tourists are better than the locals". This might be the only other place where this is the case.

Two days 'til the annual Vegas pilgrimmage!

HF
Old 03-13-2007, 03:35 AM

Fun report. I was with Dakota on our first (hopfully of many) trip up to the Turtle, though I didn't fare as well as he did, despite making quads three times (they give you a sandwich coupon for quads... now at our home game we all cheer "sandwich!" when there's quads or the possiblity of quads).

I hope to make it back there soon because, as you noted, the game seems pretty soft.

Good luck in Vegas!
Old 03-13-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my thoughts of McDonalds on the way home are quickly turning to thoughts of Chili’s and now I have that rib song in my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny.