Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Poker winnings more \"satisfying\" than income earned from other sou

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Get someone to run company. Play poker. Life is too short.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROLFMAO I was telling my daughter about this thread and she said, "Get a manager to run the company, then go play poker..."
Old 08-24-2007, 01:47 AM

Default Re: Poker winnings more \"satisfying\" than income earned from other sou

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Three years ago I started a construction company which has grown over 300% so far this year. I am making anywhere from 4000 to 10000 dollars a week.

However, even with my new income, I still find myself thinking about playing poker quite often, even though the likelihood of ever earning my current income level is quite low.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sell company. Play poker. Life is too short.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the award for the worst advice ever given on this forum goes to...

[/ QUOTE ]

NOW you're in trouble. Now I will tell you one of my garrolous tales from PAST EXPERIENCE. This is my advice to everyone, young, old, whatever.

Do what you love.

Now, the story. I knew a guy on his second marriage with four kids and a very good job. New wife was stepmother to the children, she had resigned her job when she married him to stay home. His salary was OK, they were on a budget, but it wasn't bad. It was the mid-60s.

He played golf. PLAYED golf. Just before his 30th birthday, a local country club offerred him a job as pro with the intention of sponsoring him on the Tour. But at first, with the basic pro salary being lower than he was making at his good, secure job, wife would have to go back to work part-time.

She didn't object to that, but she said no. She didn't want to be married to a guy, however rich, who went galavanting around the country playing golf and being followed by groupies. They had a plan for the marriage and she expected him to abide by it.

He did. But he drank rather steadily after that. Managed to find those "groupies," too. He became real successful. Has plenty of cash - wife buys a new Caddy every couple of years. I always consider this story one of the Great American Tragedies.

Play poker. Climb Everest. Study ballet if you want to.

Just do it. Things are nothing. YOU are something. Do what you love. You might fail - you might not - who gives a censored?

What you won't do forty years later is wonder what if...