Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: 50nl: AT

BET the turn..To many draw to risk a CR...If villain is on a draw how do you know he will bet your hand for you...If villain is drawing the only way you'll get money out of him is by betting the turn...If villain is on a draw he will call a turn bet but may not bet a draw..Then a draw will fold to your river bet..If villain does have a weaker made hand a C/R loses mad value vs a bet/bet line...Even a blind donkey can see the strength in a C/R and fold..

IMO checking this turn looking for a CR is a huge leak and will cost OP massive EV over the long run..
Old 10-03-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BET the turn..To many draw to risk a CR...If villain is on a draw how do you know he will bet your hand for you...If villain is drawing the only way you'll get money out of him is by betting the turn...If villain is on a draw he will call a turn bet but may not bet a draw..Then a draw will fold to your river bet..If villain does have a weaker made hand a C/R loses mad value vs a bet/bet line...Even a blind donkey can see the strength in a C/R and fold..

IMO checking this turn looking for a CR is a huge leak and will cost OP massive EV over the long run..

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, nice reply.

I feel that the Ace is a scare card. If i bet he is more likely to fold a T or mid pair. If i check he will also likely check behind but then i have a better chance of extracting on blank rivers.

On the other hand if villain has a draw he will probably call a bet, however, isn't the Ace a good bluff card for him to bet at here? I think he will bet his draws enough to make it profitable.

I'm not trying to say that c/r turn is the right play but just throwing out some food for thought.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think we are checking this turn looking for a CR. I think that we are checking this turn mainly b/c we believe villain more likely has a T rather than a draw (we have the ace of clubs). By checking we get more value from a blank river. Also, I'd bet the river even if a club came in.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:28 PM

bet the turn always
Old 10-03-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think we are checking this turn looking for a CR. I think that we are checking this turn mainly b/c we believe villain more likely has a T rather than a draw (we have the ace of clubs). By checking we get more value from a blank river. Also, I'd bet the river even if a club came in.

[/ QUOTE ]

A ten only makes up a small part of villain range..We need to extract the $$$ from villain entire range..Villain could've just as easily floated our flop bet with a hand like 2 over which now paired his ace or picked up a gut shot draw...Villains drawing range is not limited to only a nut flush draw..

Checking this turn without the intention of raising would be insane...If we check without the intention of raising I am completely lost to the logic????

Given a more specific read on villain I may see more value in a C/R..But vs an unknown with only stats and 40 hands to go by a bet/bet line will maximize OP value IMO...
Old 10-04-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A ten only makes up a small part of villain range

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree - b/c he doesn't have the A of clubs, I think a T makes up a very big part of his range.

Of course, if he bets the turn, we crai, but I'm actually ok with villain checking behind as well.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:16 AM

I'm betting $6 on the turn. We get value from a worse T and a FD. On the river I bet half pot and fold to raise.