Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 05:39 AM

Default Re: Toronto: Your favorite things to do or places to go to.

Every time I see the standard sporting abbreviation for the city of Toronto, TOR, as with for example the Toronto Raptors, I am delighted, and say to myself, whether in my head or out loud, 'TOORRRRRRRRRR!,' on a rising note, ending in a sort of screech.

That is all. Thank you for reading.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Burrito Boyz (120 Peter Street). Really really delicious tri tip steak burritos, and cheap. It's a small location, and i remember there being a line out the door every time i went.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you like Burrito Boyz you've got to try bar burrito around college and bathurst. Similar idea but much better imo.

Just went to beir market last week, that place was cool. Pretty good food, nice atmosphere and obv amazing beer.

My local favourite is falaffel world near jane and bloor mmmmmmmmm so good. Seems so much more fresh and better quality then and other lebanese place I've been and just tastier in general.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:35 PM

A great cheap date is by Habourfront, especially in the summertime. I like go watch the glass blowers in the Craft Studio at the Harbourfront Centre. The studios are open to the public in the evenings for free.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:06 PM

the best thing to do if you find yourself in toronto is to leave.

seriously, toronto is the worst city i've ever visited (except calgary i guess, but calling calgary a city is a stretch).
Old 02-28-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

seriously, toronto is the worst city i've ever visited (except calgary i guess, but calling calgary a city is a stretch).

[/ QUOTE ]

people like you suck for several reasons.

something i really enjoy in toronto is the st. lawrence market. im not sure if i like it because i used to go with my parents all the time when i was much younger or if its because of the amazing pemeal bacon on a bun you can get at carousel's and the incredible cheese curds next door, but either way its kind of a fun and unique place to go grocery shopping on a saturday morning.

im also a big fan of biking through the bridle path (probably the richest and most visually appealing neighbourhood in toronto) and edward's gardens (a nearby park that is pretty amazing in the summer). these are both right near don mills and leslie.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously?

I'd rank TO as one of my all-time favorite big cities to visit, easily #1 for Canadian cities.

My wife and I have always had a great time there, from the hotels downtown, to the theater (LoTR, etc), to the restaurants, just walking down the Path, etc. Add in the wine country stuff around, a visit to the hotel spa, and the train-ride back and forth from Detroit, and you've got guaranteed adoration for at least a month.

It works just as well as a guys' night out town. Between the hundreds of bars, the Hockey HoF, the sidewalk hotdog vendors, and the Brass Rail, you can keep an entire bachelor party of guys entertained and happy a long weekend.

Besides the weather, I can't think of too many things I'd change about that city.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:40 PM

For bars, Madison is probably my favourite. Crowd is mostly early-mid 20s. Info

I also go to this place alot, though the crowd is mostly under 21. piccadilly circus

Can someone recommend a good mexican restuarant?
Old 03-01-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For bars, Madison is probably my favourite. Crowd is mostly early-mid 20s. Info

I also go to this place alot, though the crowd is mostly under 21. piccadilly circus

Can someone recommend a good mexican restuarant?

[/ QUOTE ]

the maddie is quality but its definitely for the university crowd.

every single time people want to go to picadillys i talk about how much i hate it, and really, when you think about it, its a pretty [censored] bar... but for some reason i always end up having an absolute blast there... i would definitely recommend it, but i dont know why...
Old 03-01-2007, 11:51 AM

Awesome thread. I'll let you guys in on a secret: Lahore Tikka House at 365 Gerrard East. It's an authentic Pakistani restaurant and the food is, without a doubt, some of the best I've ever eaten. Don't go expecting anything classy (last time I ate there we were seated in a portable trailer), but the food is absolutely delicious. It's incredibly spicy, so don't go if you can't handle a little kick to your meal.

Also, come to eat and not socialize. The portions are great and they are constantly cooking, so you get your meal almost as soon as you order it. And it's damn cheap too.

I have to disagree with Duff's for the best wings - my vote goes to The Bistro at Avenue and Lawrence.

I would also highly recommend checking out a Toronto Rock game at the ACC. I have never seen a lacrosse game before and I loved it. None of the pretentious crap you get with the Leafs and tickets (I believe) are somewhere around $20. Young crowd, Q107 providing the soundtrack throughout the game. Good times.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:00 PM

Burrito Boiz is good stuff...

Thai Bistro is on the west side on Yonge, in between Finch and Empress (North York Centre). Cheap thai food from a nice family place and some of the best curry evar.