Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Ultra-deep 0.5/1 6max: FD rivers set OOP

Man you're using "ultra-deep" liberally.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:12 PM

I reraise preflop.

As played, to me Villains flop and turn bets look weak as [censored], if he has any set or top two I think he bets it harder. I'd prefer to call flop and lead turn.

After getting to the river the way you did I check/call any bet.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:14 PM

Welcome to this place called Internet. You are not allowed to sit with more than 100BB and many people play short sessions. You are most welcome to post a screenshot of you sitting on 800BB with two random guys having you covered at 6max table. BTW, your line is totally mistake-free. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As played, to me Villains flop and turn bets look weak as [censored], if he has any set or top two I think he bets it harder. I'd prefer to call flop and lead turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice point. I later found out he can fold when his underbet is raised so this should work well.

So at the river, I reasoned that he is checking behind his worse flushes and has a wide range of 2pair/set hands to pick up desperate/stupid bluff here, so I raised. Is that reasoning flawed?
Old 01-19-2007, 05:47 PM

Edit: Wow I read the hand all wrong. I c/c here all day. What hands are you afraid of?

I would rule out AA because of the preflop play and him being very aggro.

This leaves us with him betting top two, set, or a low wrap + FD.

His turn bet looks scared and I think he is trying some pot control with two pair or middle set that is scared of all the cards that can come on the river.

The only hands we're really afraid of on the river is a backdoor flush or the low wrap. I think with a low wrap he would have bet bigger on the turn and if he's betting a backdoor flush for value then props to him because this $71 bet on the river is easy for you to call.

As for leading... maybe, but his bet sizes have been such that I see a small bet coming on the river and a c/c as the good play.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:37 AM

Thanks for all replies, for those who asked for results:

Button calls river all-in and shows K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for the 2nd flush
Old 01-24-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to this place called Internet. You are not allowed to sit with more than 100BB and many people play short sessions. You are most welcome to post a screenshot of you sitting on 800BB with two random guys having you covered at 6max table. BTW, your line is totally mistake-free. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play 6-max, but I do regularly have people covering me with 500 BB+ on the internet. The other night, I had 1400 BB on the table and was covered, so you're wrong, 300 BB, just isn't ultra deep.

As far as the hand goes, you have a good draw, you check, button shows obvious weakness, and the PFR folds. Heads-up with the button, this is where you go for the C/R to take the pot down. Simple hand. The fact that you can rule out the only really strong hand button might take this line with due to PF hand combinations makes it a slam-dunk.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:04 PM

I would call the 71 on the river and expect to see two pair, aces up often, his underbetting is indicative of a weak hand.
I like your play all the way against a maniac.
You only have to win it like one time in 4 for it to be profitable, so a call is good.

He's never folding a better hand, so just call here.