Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: The Lounge Screenplay Collective

[ QUOTE ]
and clips his 2" .38 in his waistband

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't envision ElD as the gun strapping type... he would be more likely to use his head than brute force.

Major leveling along the lines of getting the criminal to follow him into a police station, without even realizing it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The thought of ElD picking up a hitwomen has interesting prospects...
Old 06-08-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't envision ElD as the gun strapping type... he would be more likely to use his head than brute force.

Major leveling along the lines of getting the criminal to follow him into a police station, without even realizing it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The thought of ElD picking up a hitwomen has interesting prospects...

[/ QUOTE ]

Even better! like a thriller-comedy. This is classic!
Old 06-08-2007, 12:52 AM

I think El D would do the murder by proxy, sort of like setting up a Manchurian candidate kind of deal. Then, to cover his tracks, he could hypnotize himself to forget he ever made it happen. Eventually he's living on so many levels even he doesn't know which one he's on at any one time, and they all come crashing down.

Needless to say, the murder weapon would be a pound of butter, and the murder would turn out to be related to a popular website El D took over and turned into an international Crimson Challenge authorizing body and forum. I think El D might even cause the murder to be committed as a sort of ultimate prank, the next adventurous step up from simple Crimson Challenges. Perhaps his motive for the murder would be to oust the original owner of the website and idea, because El D felt he was getting too soft and wasn't taking the Crimson Challenges into the crazy levels El D thought the concept was really all about. Maybe also because a mysterious benefactor was going to help them take The Crimson Challenge Corp. public, and El D saw his chance. Perhaps we roll credits over the detective crouching down and pulling a sheet over El D's body and saying to the other detective standing behind him something like, "Sure, he won his challenge. But who made it?"

The End????
Old 06-08-2007, 01:33 AM

A couple of thoughts:

1)One of the detectives needs to be named Pooptoad.
2)Rick Astley needs to be cast.

Idea 3)[censored] is a mob boss, always ordering hits on people. Then, one day, he leaves, and the town goes to Hell in a handbasket, even though it's less violent. Then, he comes back to town, kills almost everyone, but the survivors are grateful that he came back.

Really, I think you could just do a showing of the Godfather with Pinhead superimposed into every Pacino scene.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:29 AM

The Anacardo idea has much better potential for collaborative effort AND fun.

Alternative: An alternative to this is a 2+2 get together. with all the characters having their own little stories is also good. Vegas during wsop, obv.

The kicker would be one of the forum gurus would turn out to be a 'sherminator from American Pie' type.

I'd like to see Cardo luckbox Hellmuth with 72off against AA when cardo sees the girl of hs dreams pass, and actually wants to bust out to go talk with her. As he rushes off anyway (after the win), cue Hellmuth lying on the floor, kicking and screaming lie a 2 year-old...
Old 06-08-2007, 05:26 PM

Oh, man! I love it. The butter as murderer weapon and self-hypnosis creating multiple levels of reality are golden ideas!

I like the other ideas integrating other 2+2 personalities into the storyline, and definitely think that would enhance collaboration. The only problem I have with ensemble stories is they can get choppy/messy more easily. They're also more fun, though; the idea's great. What are other interactions/stories that could occur along these lines?

Awesome ideas so far!
Old 06-08-2007, 06:21 PM

I was going to do something similar to this...but figured not enough people would be interested.

Basically you would get like 10-15 people who would be willing to write like 5-10 pages each. Everyone would have to attempt to make the script good..i.e. not turn the comedy into a gothic horror movie on page 10 etc.

There would be a series of polls to determine what the script is going to be about.

I.E. Poll 1
Choose our scripts genre
A
B
C

Poll 2
Choose our main characters profession

etc etc etc

I figured the forum would get to cluttered with all the different threads. The problem is your about 100% guaranteed to come up with an incredibly crappy script if it is just about some random off the wall [censored] and not attempting to be a well thought out story/character/plot etc. That is why most of these collective type screenplays fail.

I figured with Dom/Pryor/and a couple other we would be close to 10 people but even one or two bad apples and it devolves into something silly which wasn't what I was after.

But good look on the above script.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:35 PM

samjones already tried this in OOT then quickly dropped it. It was fun "brainstorming," if that's what retarded people do, over it. My suggestion was that the main character be a professional steak snob who for some reason eats at Taco Bell every night, which was roundly approved. Being OOT, it had to somehow wind up in Vegas eventually. It developed into a high stakes Vegas showdown with Ray Zee challenging I think Bruiser or some similar tyke to a hot pepper eating contest. But not a page was written. I don't think it ever got copyrighted, if anyone wants to see if they can sell it to Ben Affleck or something.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:03 PM

Blarg this would never work in OOT..it would end up being a really bad version of an Entourage episode.

I'm not sure who else in here writes regularly or tries to..Dom/Pryor/Actual God is a succesful writer...so imagine hes busy.

But if would be kind of cool to try if one could find a solid core group
Old 06-08-2007, 10:50 PM

I’ve always wanted to write a screenplay for a mystery-drama that had to do with answering questions about the world we live in, and the ‘shadow-world’ that we often don’t see.

Along the lines of …..

The classic “3 Days of the Condor” or the recent “Lord of War” or “Syriana”.

I would think that a good plot foundation would be to attempt to explain (via fact-based, but fictionalized drama) the effects that international power/money brokers have on today’s world.