Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2006, 09:27 AM

Default Big Pot Heads Up - Dealer Mucks Opponents Cards - Horrible Ruling.

This weekend I played a little 2/5 at Caesars in AC at the insistence of some of my buds I was with. I was not impressed with the room from the get-go. They only had one table of 2/5 and I was definitely wanting to play a bigger game.

The following hand came up. Effective stacks about $650-700. I limped utg with AcAs and with a couple callers the button raised to 25. I of course bumped it to $80 and all fold to the button who calls.

Flop comes all low hearts. I lead for $125. Button calls. Turn comes 7s and I lead for $150. This is where the confusion started. The button has about $450 behind him and starts counting out chips in a bunch of weird ways looking like he is going to raise. He is solid though, and I don't put him on AKh because he would have no need to reraise me here. I figure set and depending on what he does I might get away from my hand. After about a minute he clearly announces "Raise" and puts out $300ish. The action is back on me and and I start to think about wtf this turn min-raise is.

This is where the situation gets f-ed up. About 5-10 seconds after I start to think about the hand the villian says, "HEY WHERE THE FU-CK ARE MY CARDS!?!?" He was in the 1 seat and the dealer (who was extremely pushy and made other mistakes in this rotation) mucked his cards. The villian then gets pissed off very very badly. He reaches out and takes his $300 raise back and then starts racking up his chips. Meanwhile the entire table is yelling "FLOOR!" as we wait for the floor to get there. The final ruling here was that since he didn't have cards he was permitted to take his raise back.

I was very polite and professional when explaining to the floor what happened and explaining to him that his dealer's mistake just cost me an extra $400 from villian. The floor is very confused and doesn't have a clue what he should do. The whole incident took about 10 minutes to get resolved. During that time the enraged villian starts talking about his KxKh hand like its the nuts and convinces the dealer to burn and turn the river - "JUST TO SEE!" The dealer, who we have established to be a moron, obliges and no heart comes. Its doubtfull that after having so much of his stack in the pot that he wouldn't have put his remaining $150 into the pot on the river.

Did the floor make the correct ruling? Also, should the floor have done anything for me for costing me an extra $400 based on a dealer error?

I informed the floor that this move reflected poorly on their card room and told him for the delay he cost the table that I thought it was appropriate that they at least not take time from the entire table the next round. He disagreed and didn't do anything about it - even though he fully admitted it was the dealers faul.