Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2006, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Congrats Vince Young

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to make a post congratulating Vince Young on his awesome performance in his first start. Not so easy to play well when you actually play a defense, is it Vince?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's not like he can just torch defenses at will like he did against Ohio State.

Oh snap!
Old 10-02-2006, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to make a post congratulating Vince Young on his awesome performance in his first start. Not so easy to play well when you actually play a defense, is it Vince?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's not like he can just torch defenses at will like he did against Ohio State.

Oh snap!

[/ QUOTE ]

VY tried to hand that game to us on a silver platter. Perhaps you weren't watching before his final drive down the field. His defense bailed him out with 3 inside-the-20 stops where we had to settle for FGs. How did we get inside the 20 so easily? 2 VY turnovers, and 1 fumble. 18/29 2 INT, 2 TDs, 76 yd rushing. Really torched us.

He has a superman complex. It works fine against mediocre teams. It doesn't work against good teams.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He has a superman complex.

[/ QUOTE ]

How so? I'd be surprised to see anywhere he said he'd take the NFL by storm his first year in the pros.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He has a superman complex.

[/ QUOTE ]

How so? I'd be surprised to see anywhere he said he'd take the NFL by storm his first year in the pros.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am talking about VY the poster, not VY the player, btw, who has quietly disspeared.

By superman complex, I don't mean that he thinks he will be MVP this year or anything, but more he can single-handedly take his team to victory, or make a big play out of nothing.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:43 PM

horrible, Tom
Old 10-02-2006, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh snap!

[/ QUOTE ]

VY tried to hand that game to us on a silver platter. Perhaps you weren't watching before his final drive down the field. His defense bailed him out with 3 inside-the-20 stops where we had to settle for FGs. How did we get inside the 20 so easily? 2 VY turnovers, and 1 fumble. 18/29 2 INT, 2 TDs, 76 yd rushing. Really torched us.

He has a superman complex. It works fine against mediocre teams. It doesn't work against good teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?
Old 10-03-2006, 12:01 AM

Troy,

I have been one of the posters that has continually said he would fail in the NFL and haven't let up but I have to say that I was actually impressed with him Sunday...never thought I would say that.

First off, for the majority rookie's in key positions such as QB are designed to fail if they are to get significant playing time as a rookie. Why? Well b/c for the majority of the time they are playing for a few reasons and most of them are bad, such as the starting QB is atrocious as well as the team is terrible and it is sometimes a sign of starting over...a look to the future. It is "going" to be bad right now, but that is expected but get him his snaps and it will be great when we get something around him, for example an O-line that can give him longer than 2 seconds to run a play.

Remember Troy Aikman's first year? I do, I am here in Dallas and remember everyone saying we made the worst pick when we started out 0-11 and ended up 1-15 and just look at his numbers...it would appear as if he couldn't do anything right. The problem is that he had nothing around him, and we all see what happened when he got something around him.

The Titans are brutal. I watched that entire game and remember many plays that were designed for Vince to roll out to the left, he takes 4 steps to the left and the entire Dallas team is waiting for him...is that his fault? No chance, he needs someone to block. Of course NFL defenses are light years faster and his legs aren't going to win him games anymore and this is what surprised me. I was surprised at how calm and collected he seemed in the pocket, especially with how rushed he was EVERY snap. His throws were very good and his numbers would have been a hell of a lot better but his receivers dropped a ton of passes, he was 14/29--I saw 4 balls in and out of WR's hands and 2 passes that were poorly thrown but with a Colt or pick just about any other team's receiving corp and they are caught.

Same goes with Leinart, another guy put in position to fail...but it doesn't matter, the experience and the snaps is all that matters.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:42 AM

OP, please stop making Ohio State fans look like idiots. Thanks.

ps. Oh lolol they do that enough on their own lolol! Yeah, you shut up too, person who will inevitably reply to me.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP, please stop making Ohio State fans look like idiots. Thanks.

ps. Oh lolol they do that enough on their own lolol! Yeah, you shut up too, person who will inevitably reply to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2006, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Congrats Vince Young *DELETED*

Post deleted by tdarko