Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Clinton-Obama

[ QUOTE ]
Clinton has already unleashed her dogs on Obama, there is no way she can possibly be on the same ticket w/o being ripped apart by the republicans.

[/ QUOTE ]

She'll get ripped apart by the republicans no matter what. Obama running on her ticket would just be on the very long list of complaints against her.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:33 AM

If Castro likes it, it must be good for Amerika.

From my trip to Barnes and Noble to get a book for my 5 year old:

Old 08-29-2007, 03:02 AM

very plausible IMO.

One of Clinton's primary problems is she generally comes across of unlikable. Obama on the other hand is probably the most likable candidate, people generally want him to succeed. Obama's main weakness however is his inexperience and qualification which is Hillary's primary strength. Additionally I think the Democratic base AND swing voters will feel much better and be more likely to vote for Hillary with Obama on the ticket. Hillary is likely to do really well with the black vote regardless in a general election so i don't think thats much of an issue.

I don't think whatever is said in the primary between the two will be an issue. it will depend on how strong Hillary is (assuming she gets the nomination) and whether Obama wants the job.

2) clinton - obama (clinton would never be VP)
clinton - white male
Obama - white male

based on my belief Obama's inexperience is to great a hurle to overcome in a general election

Castro's opinion in a non factor of course
Old 08-29-2007, 03:41 AM

Nobody would be crazy enough to be President with Hillary as VP anyway. They would get depressed and Fosterized within a month.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not, I think that in todays media enviroment, things like that are no longer possible. you cant get away with any inconsisttencies or slip-ups anymore, becuase people will constantly be reminded of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the actual administration it's a perfect example about how in todays media environment, you can get away with ..... anything?
People doesn't really care, they're busy with American Idol or the last sex-murder-whatever scandal; but they do feel pretty patriotic when they do vote.

To OP: I like more an Obama - White Male ticket than an Obama - Hillary.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:13 AM

Clinton may choose Edwards over Obama.

However I'd say 2:1 it would be 1 of those two. Which one? No Idea, 50/50 IMO.

YOu guys say no way obama b/c they talk smack? LOL, that means nothing. The destiny of USA dosnt rely on some little feud that took place 1 year ago. Clinton will say "who will make my agend go smoother", and then they pick.

If the race is close (Go REPUBLICANS!!!) i think 80% she will pick obama, b/c he is black and will easily sway election her way.

Now, has hilary locked the spot? No. I mean it is 5 months till things get hairy, and alot can happen by then. Is she a favorite? Yes, but not a lock IMO. I think obama has a chance, however it looks like next time will be the one, while this one looks more favorible for hilary.

I'd say 25:1 that if it was clinton obama they would win.
clinton edwards would prolly be more like 15:1
clinton white male prolly 11:1
obama clinton 4:1
random two dems 4:1

why so low on obama clinton? IDK, he seems the most radical of the three big guns, + he is black, and america is kind of racist, even the dems. (republicans werent voting that way anyway)

ed: i was laying way too much [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 07:19 AM

I'd say the most likely tickets are:

Clinton/Edwards
Obama/Edwards
Edwards/Obama

The 2 without Hillary would be much more likely to win. Too many people have already decided they hate her, and some of them are people who would vote for the other Dem candidates. There's decent chunk of the American electorate that won't vote for a black guy. The real question is how much of an overlap there is. Maybe the people who won't vote for a black are also the same people who wouldn't vote for Hillary anyway. My guess is that Edwards is the first choice for both Hillary and Obama.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Clinton may choose Edwards over Obama.

However I'd say 2:1 it would be 1 of those two. Which one? No Idea, 50/50 IMO.

YOu guys say no way obama b/c they talk smack? LOL, that means nothing. The destiny of USA dosnt rely on some little feud that took place 1 year ago. Clinton will say "who will make my agend go smoother", and then they pick.

If the race is close (Go REPUBLICANS!!!) i think 80% she will pick obama, b/c he is black and will easily sway election her way.

Now, has hilary locked the spot? No. I mean it is 5 months till things get hairy, and alot can happen by then. Is she a favorite? Yes, but not a lock IMO. I think obama has a chance, however it looks like next time will be the one, while this one looks more favorible for hilary.

why so low on obama clinton? IDK, he seems the most radical of the three big guns, + he is black, and america is kind of racist, even the dems. (republicans werent voting that way anyway)

ed: i was laying way too much [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are using events that happened after 2004 to justify. Bush hadnt really [censored] too much up (comparatively) before the 2004 election. And the public DOES care, look at his popularity rating...its not great. If you think that the "destiny" of the USA wont rely on one little instance of slip-ups, or something similar, you must have not followed the last Presidential election too closely.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:09 PM

Obama adds basically nothing to Hilary's base, so I can't see them on a ticket together. I remember hearing that Obama polls highest among blacks and women, but Hilary is already beating him in both.