Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 12:18 AM

Default Re: Razz - raise here when opponent incorrectly thinks he\'s ahead?

Fifth is a cake raise. Sixth is an easy call.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fifth is a cake raise. Sixth is an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

well technically if youre raising fifth yould be betting 6th, and you should, but yeah...im splitting hairs because i am tired ( ofrazzrightnow ).

so i guess whats debatable is, after you correctly raise 5th, do you check behind on 6th and possibly save two big bets or do you bet and guarantee yourself 0-2 extra bets.

after you raise 5th is there the slimmest chance he'll fold to your 6th, knowing that the 3 seems to be a really good card for you. i think if he can fold its best to bet 6th and if he cant, its a battle of greed vs cautiousness vs an erratic rng.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:27 AM

How many $2/4 players are capable of laying down a Seven draw at any point in a hand?
Old 10-01-2007, 02:29 AM

Old 10-01-2007, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I lol'd
Old 10-01-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I almost always raise 5th here, especially if I think he'll call, or even better, re-raise, or even better, fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess that about covers it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I almost always raise 5th here, especially if I think he'll call, or even better, re-raise, or even better, fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess that about covers it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even in my wildest fanatasies do I think he'll fold. And man, do I have a vivid imagination.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:18 AM

Raise/cap 5th, everything else is fine. There are so many reasons to play the hand this way its not even funny.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On fifth I am obviously a considerable favorite, but he doesn't seem to understand that. Should I raise?

On sixth would you consider raising? He is clearly not very smart betting into that hand, so I guess maybe he'd never fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand was incorrectly played. I don't like the way you played third street which you should of jammed the pot at - but the reasons why you should of jammed didn't really come up in this hand. The main problem in this particular hand is at 5th. You are favourite at 5th and he is betting into you!

You should of jammed the pot at 5th regardless of how your opponent plays. You are a substantial favourite and whenever you have a chance to raise when you are ahead just gamble away cos you will have the best of it.

Another reason for betting out instead of calling is when your board paired on 5th, he now knows you have four good cards otherwise you could never make that play. Now look at what actually happened in this hand. You caught a low hidden pair on 6th and he caught a nine. Now you have an opportunity to make a play based on your opponents tendencies. Do you think this player would fold if you bet fearing that he is drawing dead? A single bet here means you could win the pot. Even if you get called, you've still got a powerful draw. By raising on fifth and sixth this gives you two ways to win - you can outdraw or drive him out.

However with this specific example a player that would willing to fold his hand probably wouldn't of played his hand like this, that strategy in short wouldn't work. If you pumped the pot at fifth, at sixth with him acting first it is doubtful that he would bet into you, so now you just want to take the free card. Theres just no point on raising at sixth because you have lost the fold equity that could make the raise correct and in reality you are the underdog. If you had caught good he would of called all the way down because he feels tied to the pot because you got an extra bet in on fifth. With the cards you played, your hidden pair and position would have given you the free card anyways giving you the same result in terms of bets as you did which means there was no justification to play that awful slowplay.