Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: 200 Help me extract with top set oop here

sometimes if a really lag player opens in the CO with a huge attempt to steal blinds, ive been flatcalling with AA preflop, knowing that ill either get atleast a double barrel bluff out of him, or stack him when he has an overpair with TT on rag flop or something. But i dont flat call just for that, im mainly trying to induce a squeeze from an aggressive player in the blinds.

Some people go crazy on 3betting some sessions, and when they are, i definately dont mind flat calling a lag open in the CO when you have AA on the button, because you can probably expect a squeeze if you have aggressive players in the blinds.

Also since your hand doesn't look like TT+, if the original raiser folds, i dont MIND just flat calling the 3bet with AA, because standard 2p2 play is to cbet in 3bet pots..but i also dont mind min4betting. There have been quite a few occasions where ive 4bet really small just more than min4bet...and they have 5bet shoved all in with air thinking I would never play a big hand this way...because my line makes no sense.

But anyway, unless you know the players in the blinds are aggressive 3betters i dont like flat calling preflop.

As played raise flop bet turn bet river...as played on flop..bet the turn hard and bet the river hard
Old 05-16-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: 200 Help me extract with top set oop here

pf is fine but i would c/r that flop all day.

i dont really like a c/c c/r line because your line is so strong. i prefer doing something like donking turn after c/c-ing flop most times.