Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Re: NL50: A9s in rr pot OOP. Lets do it by decison by decision

If you're gonna 3-bet with A9 at least do it in position.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:40 PM

I bet here pretty much everytime. No matter what I 3 bet with. You give up way to much by checking cause you get bluffed a ton of the time. If he raises your flop bet you can decide if he's bluffing or if he's got you. Very rarely will you get bluff raised here imo. If he calls you kinda have to evaluate on the turn, i probably c/c turn as long as it's resonable bet. it's unlikely he's firing 3 barrels without an ace. And i probably fold river if he fires again. (You have to call turn if you check because sometimes villain is floating to bluff you on the turn cause he thinks you may have cbet without an ace.

P.s. 3 betting with A9o or anything less then AJo is pretty bad imo.

You are way better off 3 betting SCs 67s 89s etc etc cuase u won't get into situations like this where you eithe need to hit ur 3 outter or you're way ahead but with marginal hand oop when the pot can be easily stolen from you.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:42 PM

bet/fold here. You have to double barrel to rep the hand you're trying to rep.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:51 PM

What you do on the turn kind of depends on your reason for betting the flop. If you were betting the flop to steal the pot, then I think you should c/f the turn. If you thought that you had value, then you should be willing to play for stacks here because the pot is now roughly the same size as villain's remaining stack. In that case, I would c/c the turn and bet the river if he checks behind.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:55 PM

Terrible bet size imo. For the exact reason of what ended up happening.

You bet small which looks super weak (Which u are) he calls with ANY hand hoping to steal on turn. scare card comes, you check, he fires, you fold.

OR scare card comes, you bet he shoves, you fold. I take line 2 over line 1 however it's still such a [censored] spot to be in. Def -ev to be getting into these spots often.

Someone said Terrible bet size imo. For the exact reason of what ended up happening.

You bet small which looks super weak (Which u are) he calls with ANY hand hoping to steal on turn. scare card comes, you check, he fires, you fold.

OR scare card comes, you bet he shoves, you fold. I take line 2 over line 1 however it's still such a [censored] spot to be in. Def -ev to be getting into these spots often.

if you really feel you ever need to 3 bet a9s do so in pos. a hell of a lot easier to play then and its so much easier to keep the pot small when your behind.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What you do on the turn kind of depends on your reason for betting the flop. If you were betting the flop to steal the pot, then I think you should c/f the turn. If you thought that you had value, then you should be willing to play for stacks here because the pot is now roughly the same size as villain's remaining stack. In that case, I would c/c the turn and bet the river if he checks behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this sums up my turn situation very well. I'd decided that I was going to play for stacks on the turn, but didn't want to give a free card to any lone diamond. If I shove I only get called when beat, so I bet weak, looking to call a shove. I was obviously aware he could well shove with a better ace, but once I'd decided to stack off here, I went for this option.

Thoughts??

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $50.59
Hero (BB): $107.99
UTG: $65.05
CO: $50.00
BTN: $34.24

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, CO calls $5.00

Flop: ($14.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $8.00</font>, CO calls $8.00

Turn: ($30.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $35.00</font>, Hero calls $23.00

River: ($100.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $100.25 ($2 Rake)
Old 08-23-2007, 05:25 PM

this hand is disgusting to look at
Old 08-23-2007, 05:31 PM

maybe i do 3bet too much with hands like this against active raisers... is the better play just to call preflop, as your hand is still ahead of their range? or just muck it as it would be somewhat difficult to play postflop?
Old 08-23-2007, 05:45 PM

On the flop, there are not alot of flush draws he can have assuming that he is rational and has a tighter 3bet calling range pf. So, really only KQs, maybe JTs/T9s/76s/56s. I think he throws away KJs and lower and QJs and lower preflop. So, really only like 5 combos of flush draws.

Now I can see him also calling on the flop with a pocketpair (since people hate folding in 3bet pots) and then pushing his diamond flush draw on the turn.

So, this is the range I give him, which you have odds to call his shove against. Actually he would probably play his Ax hands stronger on the flop. So I think your turn call is even more profitable than the range below would suggest (which is 40/60 below):

AQo-ATo
AQs-A8s
QcQd,QdQh,QdQs
JcJd,JdJh,JdJs
TcTd,TdTh,TdTs
9c9d,9d9h,9d9s
KdQd
JdTd
Td9d
7d6d

edit: actually i should include 33/88 in his range since people will play sets like this even on drawy flops.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:45 PM

pf, you are not way ahead of a 3b calling range, which is quite important when you build the pot OOP. If he's going to fold a lot it's probably ok though.

On the flop we are pretty much WA/WB, but I quite like just turning our hand into a bluff with a cbet. if he sticks around i give him credit for a better ace and get the heck out of dodge.