Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: please convince me to quit poker forever or something

[ QUOTE ]
Hand reading is useless, pot odds irrelevant, table image non-existent.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I Think I found out why you arent winning. You believe the above is true.

You say you are worried you are gunna turn into one of those people that depos 500 and loses it over and over. I got bad news for you, you already are one, you are just nittier. Every one of those people has the same story you do "I play better at a higher limit where my raises get respect" "micro limits are completely unbeatable, all they do is call me down with crap" "I went busto from some really horrible beats"

Every losing player thinks they play better against better competition, that their sick downswing was due to bad luck, and that its impossible to beat the retards at microlimits. Just face the fact that you arent cut out to be a poker player. Theres no shame in that, 95% of players cant beat the game. Play strictly for fun and not as a means of income, find a real job, and quit the agony and stress of poker.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:54 AM

$10 nl on ftp is pretty much the hardest to beat than any other site cuz they have 10% rake instead of the regular 5% rake everywhere else. Other than that maybe ur not cut out for poker. Id try once on stars with like $50-$100 and see what happens and if I lose just give up.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:10 AM

get a job, save some money, make a healthy deposit, play higher, and if you lose that then quit.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You say you are worried you are gunna turn into one of those people that depos 500 and loses it over and over. I got bad news for you, you already are one, you are just nittier. Every one of those people has the same story you do "I play better at a higher limit where my raises get respect" "micro limits are completely unbeatable, all they do is call me down with crap" "I went busto from some really horrible beats"

Every losing player thinks they play better against better competition, that their sick downswing was due to bad luck, and that its impossible to beat the retards at microlimits. Just face the fact that you arent cut out to be a poker player. Theres no shame in that, 95% of players cant beat the game. Play strictly for fun and not as a means of income, find a real job, and quit the agony and stress of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can put someone on a hand who raises from .10 to .20, you are god. When I say pot odds are irrelevant, I don't mean that I don't take them into account, I mean no one else is using it as a reference to how deep they are getting in a pot, and if i don't give them odds to chase and they do anyways. This would be +ev if it were hu, but when 4 people call on the flop, no hand is safe and its always a race to the river. And how can you have a table image if everyone is playing their own hand? If you nit it up and only play premium stuff, you are still going to get 4 people calling a 4xBB bet, regardless of the fact you played 1 hand in the last half hour. It's reasons like the fact that big hands are hard to protect, and the rake is crippling, that you very rarely ever see someone with winning stats at nl10. That said, I don't want this to turn into a discussion about the non-poker that is played at nl10 and smaller, because I have more hands played above nl50 than I do at nl10.

and great insight that I already am the person who redeposits 500 over and over, because that is exactly what I haven't done, but gg anyways.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some people, although smart enough to play poker, just shouldn't.

You are one of those people.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably the comment that I am thinking the most about. It's one of those philosophical deals where it's like "Yeah, I might be able to beat this, but should I?" I'll probably be knocking this around in my head awhile while I contemplate my next move.

ty for your concise insight.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:21 AM

i "quit poker" in march, that lasted about a week.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can put someone on a hand who raises from .10 to .20, you are god. When I say pot odds are irrelevant, I don't mean that I don't take them into account, I mean no one else is using it as a reference to how deep they are getting in a pot, and if i don't give them odds to chase and they do anyways. This would be +ev if it were hu, but when 4 people call on the flop, no hand is safe and its always a race to the river. And how can you have a table image if everyone is playing their own hand? If you nit it up and only play premium stuff, you are still going to get 4 people calling a 4xBB bet, regardless of the fact you played 1 hand in the last half hour. It's reasons like the fact that big hands are hard to protect, and the rake is crippling, that you very rarely ever see someone with winning stats at nl10. That said, I don't want this to turn into a discussion about the non-poker that is played at nl10 and smaller, because I have more hands played above nl50 than I do at nl10. [/qoute]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you don't know how to adjust to the game you are playing in. Just one more poker skill you don't possess.

[ QUOTE ]
and great insight that I already am the person who redeposits 500 over and over, because that is exactly what I haven't done, but gg anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just cuz you havent had to deposit, doesnt mean you arent that person. But hey, what do I know, I can only beat the game. Im sure you are right, just keep on doing what you are doing, its obviously working out great for you. I wish you continued success, have a happy life
Old 09-04-2007, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i "quit poker" in march, that lasted about a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have announced the obligatory life-tilt induced "I am quitting poker forever" but it was always empty and I knew it. Even now, I know I'll never be able to sit in a poker game again without going into poker mode. I've taken week or monthlong breaks with plenty of money in my account, and I've shipped my bankroll to my gf and told her to hold it when I knew I was too tilty to play. That said, this thought of quitting poker is to change my habit of playing daily to probably only playing live, and that would be like, something I haven't done for years now. hm.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:42 AM

alobar, I am deeming you a [censored] idiot, because you obviously have never tried to play nl10 for profit. Try it and see what happens. Produce a statistically significant sample size of you beating it, then talk [censored] about how *adjustments* to retards are incredibly relevant to your bb/100 in a nl10 game.

yea I know how to [censored] adjust, I learned poker playing HU. Apply standard poker theory to nl10 and see what happens. gl.

and this is exactly what I didn't want this to become, a debate about the beatability of micro poker, wonderful. I don't play nl10 and I am having a running dialogue about it.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
alobar, I am deeming you a [censored] idiot, because you obviously have never tried to play nl10 for profit. Try it and see what happens. Produce a statistically significant sample size of you beating it, then talk [censored] about how *adjustments* to retards are incredibly relevant to your bb/100 in a nl10 game.

yea I know how to [censored] adjust, I learned poker playing HU. Apply standard poker theory to nl10 and see what happens. gl.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, like I said, the same tired argument all the losing players have