Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Absolute Does Not Respond to Two Plus Two’s Fraud Investigation O

summary: Nat posted some things our lawyers said to Absolute that our lawyers didn't want posted.

We're waiting for them to post or give us something to post.

Nothing weird is really happening. it's just legal bs that irks me to no end and is admittedly making us look bad and i can't really do a [censored] thing about it. But the bottom line is that it's not all that interesting and if you hold your breath waiting, the result is sure to be anticlimactic
Old 11-09-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Absolute Does Not Respond to Two Plus Two’s Fraud Investigation O

Hi Everyone:

I'll just follow up on this. For the AP investigation which we proposed to AP and in which we thought at first they would accept, there were fees involved since the attorney team needs to be paid. The way it was to be done was for AP to pay Two Plus Two and then Two Plus Two would would pay our attorneys. That way the investigative team would be completely independent of AP. In addition, Two Plus Two would make no money from this since any left over fees would be returned to AP. (In fact, we're losing money on it since there will be other related fees that we will pay ourselves. This is the case whether AP takes the offer or not.)

In our discussions with our attorneys, they preferred to keep this information confidential, so we complied. But Nat's AP contact repeated some of it to Nat and he then posted it in BBV.

My concern is that this was a distraction that took the emphasis off of AP and onto something else that was not significant to the issues at hand. We have, however, asked our attorneys to now give us something we can post on site explaining this in more detail. They have promised to do so, but sometimes it takes a while. (There are three attorneys involved with this process and two of them are out of town today.)

Best wishes,
Mason