Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Re: pretty gross trips

[ QUOTE ]
its stupid to not crai the turn if you're going to induce a bet and don't know where you stand and possibly fold the best hand. i dont know villlain but most tags dont stone cold bluff 200 bbs deep.

[/ QUOTE ]

no that's not stupid. what would be stupid is shoving the turn jsut because then i won't have to make a tough decision on the river. not being sure where you stand is part of the game. if i shove the turn, i'll know where i am. i'll be broke if he calls, and i'll have lost a chance to pick off a big bluff on the river if he folds. but at least i'll know where i'm at!
Old 06-06-2007, 06:21 PM

its bvb and i found that even in bvb even the nittiest nit thinks he can play back and double float with air etc...

i dunno if i could fold this but if i would fold id regret it immediatly
Old 06-06-2007, 06:25 PM

stop being such a nit. you played it well to induce his bluffs and he'll never put you on a 9 so you have to call.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stop being such a nit. you played it well to induce his bluffs and he'll never put you on a 9 so you have to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not being a nit entirely. im being results oriented. and someone else told me he thinks it might be a fold
Old 06-06-2007, 06:32 PM

I honestly don't hate a fold here, but I probably call in the heat of battle. Although I will agree that browerkid is pretty straightforward.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:07 PM

Def fold turn to this villian, he does not skrew around often enough for this to be profitable.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:10 PM

Brower's good and will not have a draw here IMO with his river shove. This is one of the toughest hands I've ever seen posted because rarely people will fold trips, even very deep vs very aggro yet even solid regs. You only have to make a correct call here 1/2 the time btw to make it +EV. Ok but anyway, I just wouldn't say this is a bluff. Vs this solid of a guy, though I duno if I could do it, I think it's best to fold. If he thought you had a draw, he woulda checked it on the river to u. So he puts u on overpair or AJ for sure IMO, maybe weakish 9, in which case, he's playing his hand VERY fast on all streets and praying for a call. I would say he has J9 or K9s/A9s. I would say it is definitely best to fold here this deep, though this is RELE tough. I just know this guy is so solid and would check it on the end if he put u on a draw, so he knows u have a pretty good hand that has called down on two streets, and now a completely blank river comes and he shoves? Yea, I'd say he has to have a bigger hand here. Results?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:13 PM

Would he push a hand like AA for value on the river here? Will he ever play AA like this preflop with these stacksizes?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would he push a hand like AA for value on the river here? Will he ever play AA like this preflop with these stacksizes?

[/ QUOTE ]

probably no to both
Old 06-06-2007, 07:20 PM

hey josh, you played this hand well. Unless he is really bad just calling the turn is best. I would instacall river but not love it. Def gotta call tho.