Old 07-02-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Re: I feel I am better than 75+% of the student population

[ QUOTE ]
huge beat if you're only smarter than 75%

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:17 AM

I went soely on course of study. I considered myself and other engineers to be on the same level, LDO
Old 07-02-2007, 12:18 AM

Every time I see somewhere here talk about being in their third year of University I assume they're European. Am I right, or have Americans stopped calling college college?
Old 07-02-2007, 12:20 AM

Meh...college...IDK, University sounds better to my ear
Old 07-02-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I went soely on course of study. I considered myself and other engineers to be on the same level, LDO

[/ QUOTE ]

Basing intelligence on course of study while interacting with college students is probably more ignorant than flunking an intro to film exam. First off, I have known some seriously dumb engineers--sure they can manipulate numbers with the best of them but it doesn't change the fact that they are actually stupid. Then again some of the smartest people around are engineers, so please don't think everyone is the same b/c you are doing that w/ the way you think.

OTOH, these people you feel that are "lower" than you really don't mean much in the grand scheme of things b/c you will realize one day that in college everyone is stupid--you, the pre-meds, the liberal art morons...everyone.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OTOH, these people you feel that are "lower" than you really don't mean much in the grand scheme of things b/c you will realize one day that in college everyone is stupid--you, the pre-meds, the liberal art morons...everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can definitly see the truth in that. I guess what I'm mainly basing my "allegations" on is thought process.

I was going with a BA friend of mine to go out for the night. We get to his car, hop in and he tries to start it, and it won't start. He keeps trying to no avail. He sits there with this stunned look on his face and has no idea what to do.

Thats the kind of [censored] I'm talking about. Most of "those" people have no logical thinking process. They need someone to tell them what to do, when to do it, and how to do it.

My friend should have assessed what was wrong, tried to determine what was causing the problem and act accordingly.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:37 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UIUC_Co...of_Engineering

"Mechanical Engineering is currently the 4th best program in the nation according to US News and World Report."

I go to UIUC and am an ME there. Although that source is wikipedia, I'm sure if you went to your library/bookstore and looked at the US News and World Report for top colleges, that would be accurate. Oh and UC Boulder is definitely not one of the top three schools ...

From your school's website:
http://engineering.colorado.edu/over...act_sheets.htm

ME - 33rd overall and 18th among public graduate programs (2008)
Old 07-02-2007, 12:41 AM

Beesnuts,

I don't know your friend but with some people this isn't there fault--this lack of thought process was robbed years before by coddling parents and over-nurture. Now when they deal with real world problems, problems that have actually occurred all along but were wiped up by someone else all along they haven't the slightest idea how to react.

I am with you on this in that being in that car would have been frustrating.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UIUC_Co...of_Engineering

"Mechanical Engineering is currently the 4th best program in the nation according to US News and World Report."

I go to UIUC and am an ME there. Although that source is wikipedia, I'm sure if you went to your library/bookstore and looked at the US News and World Report for top colleges, that would be accurate. Oh and UC Boulder is definitely not one of the top three schools ...

From your school's website:
http://engineering.colorado.edu/over...act_sheets.htm

ME - 33rd overall and 18th among public graduate programs (2008)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too sure what your point is. Congrats? U of I is an awesome school and you have chose a respectable course of study
Old 07-02-2007, 01:07 AM

what exactly are you looking for from this thread. sure i feel like i do more work than some other people, and i think i'm smarter than the majority of people that i meet. i'm betting a whole lot of people do, some who should feel that way and some who shouldn't. more importantly,

"I can't help but constantly correct them when they spit off stupid statistics or try to tell me how something works and are completely off base"

this is probably enough info to guess you're really annoying and have trouble relating to people