Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Re: EDF bay area homegame

ads,

"The stakes should be high enough to make losing a little painful for everybody."

That was my favorite part of your post, and obviously the most critical element of an EDF home game!
Old 06-14-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ads,

"The stakes should be high enough to make losing a little painful for everybody."

That was my favorite part of your post, and obviously the most critical element of an EDF home game!

[/ QUOTE ]

and jalapeno kettle chips
Old 06-14-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in as long as we don't play too big. I live in a studio in the Tenderloine, if you guys have no problem roughing it, I honestly have no issues with hosting (no chips or table though).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think all of you have to rethink this. We are in the EDF forum, not Student Life. An EDF home game should not involve options such as "roughing it", "don't play too big" and "I hope my mum doesn't find out".

An EDF home game should involve the home being at least 6000 sq feet, with a fully stocked wine cellar and a view of the bay. The stakes should be high enough to make losing a little painful for everybody. The chips will obviously need to be hand crafted originals with El D's avatar burned into the face. The table will prefably have been stolen from the Bellagio high rollers room.

I think that this is a start, feel free to add any important points I may have missed.

[/ QUOTE ]

- hot chicks
- fine food
- "The Chinese"
Old 06-14-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in as long as we don't play too big. I live in a studio in the Tenderloine, if you guys have no problem roughing it, I honestly have no issues with hosting (no chips or table though).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think all of you have to rethink this. We are in the EDF forum, not Student Life. An EDF home game should not involve options such as "roughing it", "don't play too big" and "I hope my mum doesn't find out".

An EDF home game should involve the home being at least 6000 sq feet, with a fully stocked wine cellar and a view of the bay. The stakes should be high enough to make losing a little painful for everybody. The chips will obviously need to be hand crafted originals with El D's avatar burned into the face. The table will prefably have been stolen from the Bellagio high rollers room.

I think that this is a start, feel free to add any important points I may have missed.

[/ QUOTE ]

- hot chicks
- fine food
- "The Chinese"

[/ QUOTE ]

Ni. Han. Suh.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:02 PM

Do any of you (diablo, by-tor, offtopic, sucker) have interest in playing?
Old 06-14-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do any of you (diablo, by-tor, offtopic, sucker) have interest in playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Over the last five years, I've averaged playing live approximately 1.2 sessions/year, so I'm not hopeful.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:19 PM

Ja,

I'm not much of a homegame guy. I just don't like poker all that much as a leisure activity, to be honest.

However, I would be happy to meet you, perhaps you can join me and john voight on our all day movie marathon?
Old 06-14-2007, 04:47 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

JERRY: Hey! Did you get the Volvo?

GEORGE: No, I decided to go with an '89 LeBaron.

ELAINE: A LeBaron?

JERRY: I thought Consumer said Volvo was the car.

GEORGE: What Consumer? I'm the consumer.

JERRY: Alright. Seems like...a strange choice.

GEORGE: Well, maybe so...but it was good enough for Mr. Jon Voight.

ELAINE: Jon Voight? The actor?

GEORGE (boasting): That's right. He just happened to be the previous owner of the vehicle.

JERRY: You bought a car because it belonged to Jon Voight?

GEORGE (defensive): No, no...

JERRY: I think yes, yes. You like the idea of telling people you're driving Jon Voight's car.

GEORGE: Alright, maybe I do. So what.

ELAINE: I've never even seen him in a car. I mean, look at his movies. No cars. Deliverance - canoe. Midnight Cowboy - boots. Runaway Train...runaway train. <Kramer enters.>
Old 06-14-2007, 06:20 PM

Mark me down as interested.

I think the stakes should be low, at least at first, as the goal is to meet up.

I know a couple rooms in downtown SF that could be had for ~$100 that could hold a couple poker tables. If we get 2 tables that's $5 a person. I'm in a studio in the Tenderloin also, so I can't host myself.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

- hot chicks
- fine food
- "The Chinese"

[/ QUOTE ]

Ni. Han. Suh.

[/ QUOTE ]

if someone is bringing "the chinese" i will fly down for this event. not the stuff in the motor oil container either must be from the brown pottery type jug. there should be nearby access to some sort of ms. pacman game as well. i would be willing to play any and all poker games in any locations as long as the two conditions above can be met. btw, am i even invited? i do not have a bay area zip code, but.............. later. J.