View Poll Results: Who ya wanna bang?
OLD Ashlee 13 16.46%
NEW Ashlee 14 17.72%
Current Jessica 13 16.46%
Jessica BEFORE Johnny Knoxville and Sean William Scott teabagged her 39 49.37%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: The Beer connoisseur thread

I hate IPA's with a passion. Granted, my limited experience has been with American IPA's, and fron what little I know, American IPA's are quite different from the normal IPA style.

I had a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale on Christmas that my strange uncle gave me. I thought I was going to throw up half way into the beer. Then, the kicker, it gave me probably my worst case of heartburn ever.

I'll drink a stout here and there, but it's usually not my thing. They almost always taste like coffee to me, and I hate coffee. Chocolate stouts aren't bad at times.

I know I'll get crusified for saying it, but I'm mostly a lager drinker, and a good bit of the time a light lager drinker. I'll switch to a brown ale or a Belgians wheat from time to time, but lagers are my bread and butter.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:45 PM

I know a heap about microbrew beers but they're all Australian and I seriously doubt you can get them in the States. Pity, as my best mate from school has his own brewery now but there's not much point writing it if you guys can't buy it.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:49 PM

I love Chimay... tastes like it's coming straight out of a barrel.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:54 PM

ads,

At Beers of the World in Rochester, NY, we only get respectable beer from one Aussie brewery: Cooper's. The rest is all crappy pale lager (Foster's et al.). BotW might not have the absolute best selection of US micros (they're mostly from the Northeast, CO, some CA, and Rogue in OR), but their selection of imports is better than or equal to most any beer store anywhere in the States. Kind of a shame, too, since AussieBattler has been trying to get me drinking some of the good Aussie brews, too.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:03 PM

Matt,

Coopers sparkling is one of my favourite beers. I'm very jealous that you can get it over there. I'm going to contact my mate and see if they export and if they do I'll post some info up.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Delerium

[/ QUOTE ]

everything they make is great.

my favorite beer of the month is the dry stout I just brewed. too bad you guys can't try it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Iggy, there are some excellent excellent American IPA's. try the one from Rogue, or the Dogfish 90 minute. 2 of the best beers in the world.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Iggy, there are some excellent excellent American IPA's. try the one from Rogue, or the Dogfish 90 minute. 2 of the best beers in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the problem is that he's tasting the wrong IPA's, I just don't think he likes the style, as evidenced by the end of his post.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:19 PM

I think Bridgeport's IPA is a very solid offering as well.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:27 PM

All,

Lots of the beers mentioned already are awesome. A couple others people should try:

1. Victory Golden Monkey - One of the best American beers around, imo. Complex and smooth, and strong. Belgian style, which I love, but fairly light which make it a good beer for just lounging around drinking any time.

2. Ommegang Three Philosophers - If you asked me any given day what my favorite beer is, this one would a lot. A hybrid of a belgian style quadruppel and a cherry lambic, it is a unique taste in beers. Its strong, its heavy, its complex, and its delicious. Often times when Im someplace that has it, I have a bottle as my dessert. If you've never had one, get it immediately. Try Ommegangs other beers too.

Wookie,

were you at Ommegang's belgian beer festival at their brewery over the summer? Rochester isnt too far from them. Great day.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't long after Natedogg first invited me to his home game that he started drinking beer. You've come a long way son. I'm so proud of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

We left a fair amount of "distilled" beer in his backyard. I bet the apple tree is 100ft tall by now.