Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Big fold or push? Bellagio $3000 Single Table Satellite Hand

[ QUOTE ]

A reraise preflop is fine, but I think it is OK to flat call OOP. If you reraise, I suppose you flat call a 4-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you 3bet you need to shove or fold to a 4bet calling is terrible.(Unless you stop and go).
Old 04-21-2007, 10:04 AM

all nice replies here
just got a little thing to add on top

you said you only been showing down solid hands like AA and JJ

he will probably feel that youve completly missed this board unless you called with TT so thats another reason for him to push without leaving chance for you to rebluf him
Old 04-21-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
all nice replies here
just got a little thing to add on top

you said you only been showing down solid hands like AA and JJ

he will probably feel that youve completly missed this board unless you called with TT so thats another reason for him to push without leaving chance for you to rebluf him

[/ QUOTE ]
This is not a pure bluff. Villain almost certainly has a strong flush draw or a strong made hand.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:26 AM

All responses are good!

The problem is : this is the second hand I played with him. The first hand I played with him was one or two orbits ago, a loose player from Commerce raised CO to 1200, Juha called from the button and I reraised from the BB to 4000 with JJ. They both called. On a rag board, I led out 1/2 of my stack betting 10000. CO folded and Juha took a long time to fold. Other than that, no information about how he play. I dont remember his hands in WPT TVs.

For this hand, I really put him on a set of TT and believed I only had outs for flush draw. I folded.

But from later plays with him, I found he's a really bad player - actullay a fish (per 2+2 standards).

For example, he'd raise 3BB with A4o and calls a big re-raise push from behind and lost the hand... his hands has no showdown value at all, 90% are making foolish moves to get people off the hands.

For the 3000 satellite, because we are so deep and the pot isn't quite large enough for a 50K push, I didn't want to take the risk when playing with an unknown players. If I had known his play before the hand, it's a call.

Anyway, take this information. When you sit down with him you can catch the fish.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A reraise preflop is fine, but I think it is OK to flat call OOP. If you reraise, I suppose you flat call a 4-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you 3bet you need to shove or fold to a 4bet calling is terrible.(Unless you stop and go).

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought of re-raise PF, but I couldn't call a push PF with AQs.

I also thought of check/raise the flop - assume he bets 3k, i raise to 8k, he pushes back. I'd never fold here since I already put in 10K into the pot with a big draw, I'd move-in .

Anyway, I led out the flop because I thought I had the best hand and he'd fold or max call or 3X raise not to expect a 22x raise push... as I said, no more folding next time, an easy call against this guy.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:42 PM

The overbet push on a 2-flush board is not usually a set. Most people want action for a set. He is representing a strong flush draw (with pair or straight draw; he doesn't have Ad), but he could have a weaker flush draw, an over pair, or 2-pair. Given all information about villain, I think this is a borderline call.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given all information about villain, I think this is an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-21-2007, 01:23 PM

I have played with Juha both in Austria and in Paris and indeed he is a suprisingly bad player. Against a strong thinking player who would play two pair or a set in a similar way (even though they are less likely) u are not getting the right odds , as a previous poster said u r not getting even 6 to 5. The fact that its winner takes all makes it a very marginal decision and a decision which will be made based on ur feel on the hand. I understand the laydown and i believe that a good amount of time its the right decision
Old 04-21-2007, 01:49 PM

Isn't Juha playing his weak holdings aggressively and his strong hands slowly? I just remember HoH III with Ivey and Juha ...
Old 04-22-2007, 01:38 AM

Just FYI. This is my own information for this player.

His PF betting pattern indicates his hands
1. when he 3-bets pre-flop from MP to CO, he is very likely to have Ace rag, most time is suited; but he won't fold if get re-raised if he has chips;
2. when fold to him on the button, he raises with any two;
3. when he raises 4-5 BB PF, he has a good hand, pair, AQs,AKs.
4. when he raises 7-8+ BB PF from the button, he has nothing;
5. when he calls a raise from late position, he has SCs or 47s,58s, max two spots away same suite cards;
6. when in position, he'd call with anything on the flop if the pot is raised PF as long as there is a folding equity on the turn;
7. he value bets strong hands and overbet weak hands;
8. he won't fold second pair good kicker against a possible over pair's value bet.
9. most of the time, he'd call once for gut-shot straightdraw.